Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

TWD season finale

First 30 minutes:

Last 30 minutes:

Sorginak

That was one intense TWD season finale. 

Hydra009

Invader Zim is coming back on the air with a new TV movie!

For those of you who don't know, Invader Zim was a short-lived cartoon show that got screwed over by the network, but became a cult hit.

It's about an alien invader determined to conquer humanity but too inept to actually pull it off, his unreliable and over-emotional robot companion, and the only human in the world committed to stopping zim - a young paranormal investigator whose social pariah status and inability to recover genuine evidence ensures that no one else believes him.

The show is set 20-minutes into the future and it was a brilliant combination of oddball humor and wacky hijinks with cool sci-fi technology (my personal favorite: a battlemech aptly named "Megadoomer") but it also had strong social commentary: a cynical look at most social institutions and a deeply misanthropic outlook.

In short, it was great.  And I'm excited that it's coming back.

Who knows, we might get the TV series back if this TV movie is a big hit.

trdsf

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 05, 2017, 12:46:37 PM
Invader Zim is coming back on the air with a new TV movie!
Second best TV news I've heard!

The best, of course, is the return of MST3K next week.  :D
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Sorginak

It is sometimes hard to find a good syfy show.

I started so many only to stop watching them because I became bored.

At the end of season one of The Expanse, I told myself that I was not going to watch season two if (because so many shows are cancelled after the first season) or when it aired again.

Today, I was bored and decided to check out season two of The Expanse.

I was pleasantly surprised because it was much better than the first season.

trdsf

Just watched the new MST3K.  Since it's still under embargo, all I will say is:

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on April 09, 2017, 11:54:46 PM
Just watched the new MST3K.  Since it's still under embargo, all I will say is:

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 14th must've come early this year.  Gratz on the early access.

My question:  do they still do the door sequence?

trdsf

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 10, 2017, 12:34:23 AM
April 14th must've come early this year.  Gratz on the early access.

My question:  do they still do the door sequence?
Kickstarter early access.  And yes.  A much updated door sequence, too.

A couple expected cameos, and two surprise ones.  Jonah, Baron and Hampton have settled into the roles of two 'bots and a meat-puppet just fine.

Sorginak

I am a huge nerd so I am very happy about this new show called Cosplay Melee. 

Sorginak

Doctor Who is back!

I am watching the pilot of season ten right now.

Sorginak

The new companion is a lesbian.

Though I think it might be refreshing to have a male companion instead while the Doctor regenerated into a woman.  Now that would be an interesting twist.

It seems that this new companion's mother was a companion of the Doctor.

Reflection seems to be the focus of this season.

Favorite quote of this episode:
"Hardly anything is evil.  But most things are hungry.  Hunger very much looks live evil from the wrong end of the cutlery.  Or do you think your bacon sandwich loves you back?"

It is an amazing beginning to a new season, overall.

trdsf

With regard to the new MST3K on Netflix:

*ahem*  That is all.  Please proceed with your day.

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA

If anyone had told me 20 years ago that Star Wars would be awesome again, I would've never believed it.

Sal1981

Finally watched Westworld, all 10 episodes. Did not disappoint.