News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

TV Series Thread

Started by PickelledEggs, August 26, 2014, 06:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Sorginak on March 07, 2017, 06:01:08 PM
Did they actually harm the golfers or did they just steal from the back of the truck?
Sorry for the late reply

[spoiler]It's heavily implied that they were killed.  But they were Saviors, so it was the right thing to do, maybe?  *shrugs*

The Saviors have been hemorrhaging people left and right, both before and after Alexandria was pacified.  I suppose they make up for it by recruiting from nearby communities, but man, that's devastating to morale.  It's hard to imagine a community like that would stay intact for very long.[/spoiler]

Sorginak

Regarding TWD.

Morgan has serious mental issues, and he simply keeps attempting to hide those issues with pacifism until he ends up exploding.

And now it's time for Carol to come back to who she's supposed to be. 

Hydra009

Quote from: Sorginak on March 13, 2017, 04:18:14 PMMorgan has serious mental issues, and he simply keeps attempting to hide those issues with pacifism until he ends up exploding.
Yeah, I love it.  The best part was when he flipped out and held a knife to his wrist.  It's only a matter of time until he paints a Khorne symbol on his forehead with blood.

QuoteAnd now it's time for Carol to come back to who she's supposed to be.
She's awesome as hell.  Laify middle-aged housewife turned badass commando and one-woman army, goes through a Achilles in his tent phase, then returns to the fold.  I can't wait till she gets back into the fight.

Notthesun

So no one watches The Leftovers?
Poster formerly known as Sky;Walker.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

Mr.Obvious

Loved the first episode of the new season of Samurai Jack.

He's back.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Sorginak

The Walking Dead:

That was a refreshing revelation from Jesus.

Otherwise, it was a rather slow paced episode where not much happened up until the end. 

Hydra009

Quote from: Sorginak on March 20, 2017, 12:57:09 PMThe Walking Dead:

That was a refreshing revelation from Jesus.

Otherwise, it was a rather slow paced episode where not much happened up until the end.
Yeah.  It was like driving by a strip club, visiting the DMV for a couple hours, then walking up to the strip club door and getting told by the bouncer that they're closed for the night.  Teasing, tedium, blue balls.  Not my kind of episode.

The crazy thing is that the reviewers I watch loved it.  Apparently, some buildup and a couple heartfelt moments was all it took to win them over.  Maybe it's me, but I really wanted some shit to go down.  Not necessarily a character death, but I definitely wanted to see a big shootout.  Something, anything, to get this slow ass March To War into high gear.

I swear to Paul Monroe's dad, this season is padded to hell.  14 episodes corresponding to ~12 comics issues.  And the comics are only about 25 pages compared to the show's 47 minute runtime.  I guess the last episode had to set some stuff up for later, but damn, it really dragged.

It really bugs me how hot and cold this show is.  Great episode.  Boring episode.  Amazing episode.  Disappointing episode.  It throws my expectations all out of whack.

Sorginak

I removed a few shows from my viewing list because I became bored with them, and then I added a few to my viewing list.

My most recent passion is American Crime.  That show is amazing.

Sorginak

I just started watching Mr. Robot.  I tend to ignore good shows for a while, but I was hooked only minutes into the first episode even though the show has been running for two seasons with a third season on its way.  Someone made a comment regarding the show, and I shall repeat it here because I find it represents the show quite adequately.  Mr. Robot is "Dexter as a hacker."

trdsf

T-minus three weeks to new episodes of MST3K.

I so completely can't fucking wait.

Oh, and we have trailer sign!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ct0Z2bQndM
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Sorginak

The only thing I have to state about The Walking Dead is that Sasha is failing epically.

But in less than a month Doctor Who returns.  About damn freaking time!

Hydra009

A lot of people liked it and said it was more like a "real" episode of Walking Dead.  I think a big part of that most of the cast got significant screentime for the first time in a long time.

A big problem this season has been a lot of bottle episodes - focusing on a few characters at one location at the expense of the others.  That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I can see how people who are avid fans of certain characters would get kind of frustrated when their character doesn't make an appearance, especially major characters like Rick and Daryl.

Imo, Game of Thrones does a pretty decent job at handling that problem - they rapidly alternate between 3 or 4 locations per episode.  The downside is they have to remind the audience what the character was up to previously and typically have a small time for something major to go down.  It's always go time - there's not a lot of time to take things in or have a lengthy arc in a single episode.

I'm kinda torn on bottle episodes.  I loved the one where Carol and Maggie were kidnapped and the one where Morgan got his aikido on.  But I also like the big group events, like the Terminus buffet and the Alexandria zombie parade.

I hope that the aftermath of the upcoming war keeps most of the surviving characters together.

Hydra009

Holy crap guys, there's going to be a bunch of great TV on the air soon!

Walking Dead season 7 finale this weekend
Attack on Titan season 2 premiere this weekend
Archer season 8 premiere next week
Star Trek Discovery series premiere in about a month or two.  Not sure exactly when.

I'm so pumped!  It sucks that Rick and Morty has been delayed again and we won't be seeing season 3 until Jan 2018, but hey, quality takes time.

Sorginak

HELL NO!!!!!!

The Walking Dead will not be finishing its season this spring.

Rather, after April 2nd, season 8 will not resume until this fall in October.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520211/episodes?year=2017&ref_=tt_eps_yr_2017

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFVCK!!!!!!

Do they really expect people to wait that long?

I can understand waiting that long after a season has ended.  Heck, even the Christmas holiday break is never this long.

Sorginak

My bad in regard to the imdb link.  It seems that imdb doesn't know how to properly do things.  xD

It was the finale of The Walking Dead tonight.  The new season begins in October.