Author Topic: TV Series Thread  (Read 13107 times)

Re: TV Series Thread
« Reply #195 on: March 11, 2017, 10:54:33 AM »
Did they actually harm the golfers or did they just steal from the back of the truck?
Sorry for the late reply

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Sorginak

« Reply #196 on: March 13, 2017, 04:18:14 PM »
Regarding TWD.

Morgan has serious mental issues, and he simply keeps attempting to hide those issues with pacifism until he ends up exploding.

And now it's time for Carol to come back to who she's supposed to be. 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 04:25:50 PM by Sorginak »
When I feel weak, I prefer to make myself stronger through introspection rather than resort to religion.

« Reply #197 on: March 13, 2017, 06:05:47 PM »
Morgan has serious mental issues, and he simply keeps attempting to hide those issues with pacifism until he ends up exploding.
Yeah, I love it.  The best part was when he flipped out and held a knife to his wrist.  It's only a matter of time until he paints a Khorne symbol on his forehead with blood.

And now it's time for Carol to come back to who she's supposed to be.
She's awesome as hell.  Laify middle-aged housewife turned badass commando and one-woman army, goes through a Achilles in his tent phase, then returns to the fold.  I can't wait till she gets back into the fight.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 06:28:36 PM by Hydra009 »

« Reply #198 on: March 15, 2017, 02:47:48 AM »
So no one watches The Leftovers?
Poster formerly known as Sky;Walker.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

Offline Mr.Obvious

« Reply #199 on: March 18, 2017, 03:41:52 PM »
Loved the first episode of the new season of Samurai Jack.

He's back.
E = Mc²

In the end, we are all standing in the dark,
trying to figure out why we are here.
But let us not choose one direction
without proof of where it is headed.

Check your pocket for matches
so we can observe and learn together
as fast friends and relative idiots.

Offline Sorginak

« Reply #200 on: March 20, 2017, 12:57:09 PM »
The Walking Dead:

That was a refreshing revelation from Jesus.

Otherwise, it was a rather slow paced episode where not much happened up until the end. 
When I feel weak, I prefer to make myself stronger through introspection rather than resort to religion.

« Reply #201 on: March 20, 2017, 11:46:08 PM »
The Walking Dead:

That was a refreshing revelation from Jesus.

Otherwise, it was a rather slow paced episode where not much happened up until the end.
Yeah.  It was like driving by a strip club, visiting the DMV for a couple hours, then walking up to the strip club door and getting told by the bouncer that they're closed for the night.  Teasing, tedium, blue balls.  Not my kind of episode.

The crazy thing is that the reviewers I watch loved it.  Apparently, some buildup and a couple heartfelt moments was all it took to win them over.  Maybe it's me, but I really wanted some shit to go down.  Not necessarily a character death, but I definitely wanted to see a big shootout.  Something, anything, to get this slow ass March To War into high gear.

I swear to Paul Monroe's dad, this season is padded to hell.  14 episodes corresponding to ~12 comics issues.  And the comics are only about 25 pages compared to the show's 47 minute runtime.  I guess the last episode had to set some stuff up for later, but damn, it really dragged.

It really bugs me how hot and cold this show is.  Great episode.  Boring episode.  Amazing episode.  Disappointing episode.  It throws my expectations all out of whack.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 11:47:42 PM by Hydra009 »

Offline Sorginak

« Reply #202 on: March 22, 2017, 07:10:19 PM »
I removed a few shows from my viewing list because I became bored with them, and then I added a few to my viewing list.

My most recent passion is American Crime.  That show is amazing.

Offline Sorginak

« Reply #203 on: Today at 07:02:27 PM »
I just started watching Mr. Robot.  I tend to ignore good shows for a while, but I was hooked only minutes into the first episode even though the show has been running for two seasons with a third season on its way.  Someone made a comment regarding the show, and I shall repeat it here because I find it represents the show quite adequately.  Mr. Robot is "Dexter as a hacker."