The Vampire Diaries
My Little Pony
Power Rangers Dino Super Charge
The Big Bang Theory
2 Broke Girls
The Young and the Restless.
Super Sentai
Kamen Rider

In terms of classics I've recently completed all 10 seasons and 2 movies of The X-Files. I think it's a really awesome series from S01 - s06. S07 is where it goes down hill fast. None the less I thought season 8's ending would've been the perfect ending for the show. Unfortunately it has two others seasons and a movie after that. Though season 10 was good.

I'm currently watching The Lone Gunmen. A spin off to The X-Files. The ironic thing about The Lone Gunmen is that in the X-Files the FBI gets supernatural cases, but in The Lone Gunman they get normal cases.

Also I'm watching the 80's sitcom Perfect Strangers. It's ok but it has the same formulator in almost every episode.

Nonsensei

I've been pretty depressed about the state of space sci-fi tv. There are some good shows that hit the airwaves every now and again, but most of them get prematurely canceled or never see a second season. Still pretty salty about stargate: universe. Can you believe its actually been over a decade since there was a star trek tv series running? That blows my mind.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

AllPurposeAtheist

I watched the first episode of the Wire.. Having been a heroin addict myself that first episode is pretty close to just the type of places I used to hang out in..The big difference is where I lived the police rode stotgun for the dealers I bought my dope from meaning they took money from the dealers to keep the DEA off them..protection racket.. Cops weren't interested in busting dealers when they could afford lawyers..They went for the low hanging fruit..Street level dealers and addicts who couldn't make bail or afford anything other than the Public Pretender..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AkiraTheFighter

Quote from: Nonsensei on April 14, 2016, 08:00:30 PM
I've been pretty depressed about the state of space sci-fi tv. There are some good shows that hit the airwaves every now and again, but most of them get prematurely canceled or never see a second season. Still pretty salty about stargate: universe. Can you believe its actually been over a decade since there was a star trek tv series running? That blows my mind.

Oh it's happening. Rumor has it is that it is taking place in the main universe and not the new movies universe. Which is sad in my opinion cuz I like the new movies and hate the TV series and Old movies.

Here is the showrunner: http://www.superherohype.com/news/364975-bryan-fuller-hired-as-showrunner-for-new-star-trek-series

Bluewind

I use to have cable at my old house, but now I have antenna. Here are a few shows off the top of my head...

Shows that will cause me to hurt you if you talk during new episodes (nothing to spoil anything past the pilots)
* iZombie: A cool take on zombies where they can function as normal human beings as long as they eat brains regularly. Eating brains will temporarily give them the dominant personality trait of the person they ate and random visions of their lives. Liv works for the medical examiner's office and pretends to be psychic and helps solve murders while hiding what she really is and looking for a cure. It starts out okay, but gets great.
* Lucifer: The devil one day says FUCK THIS SHIT!, travels to the surface with a demon, and opens a club in LA. His brother who's an angel tries to force him to go back. The devil isn't evil and even has a good side. He finds a detective who is immune to his powers. He and the detective (who has no clue he really is the devil and not just mental) solve murders as Lucifer can get people to tell the truth and reveal their desires. I love how it shows that angels can be bad and Satan can be good. He hates how humans blame him for all their wrongdoing when he has nothing to do with their sin.
Big Bang Theory: It's funny, there's nerd and geek culture (with occasional hiccups), it's popular, and it's been on for years, so if you're just now hearing about it you haven't watched tv in a long time and also haven't read the people who posted before me :P The math on their boards is real math created by real scientists with a real meaning with formulas that actually grow, evolve, and change as the seasons go on which is a cool detail few notice. :)

Shows I watch regularly
The Flash
Gotham
Agent Carter
Family Guy
Legends of Tomorrow (only caught a few episodes, but it's kinda like Doctor Who crossed with The Avengers and a soap opera)
Reruns of The Closer and M*A*S*H

Shows that make me miss cable that I will be buying on DVD
Doctor Who
Rick & Morty
Archer
Another Period
There is beauty in a finite life.

Hydra009

Quote from: Nonsensei on April 14, 2016, 08:00:30 PMI've been pretty depressed about the state of space sci-fi tv. There are some good shows that hit the airwaves every now and again, but most of them get prematurely canceled or never see a second season. Still pretty salty about stargate: universe. Can you believe its actually been over a decade since there was a star trek tv series running? That blows my mind.
Yeah, there's definitely a dearth lately.  It's feast or famine with scifi shows.  Sometimes, there's a bunch of em.  Sometimes, there's hardly any.  Right now, superheroes and fantasy are waxing and scifi is waning.  It might be a while till we get a slew of scifi shows, but they're coming.

AkiraTheFighter

Completed "The Lone Gunmen" today and that was a disappointing series. Even though the show takes place in The X-Files universe, majority of the episodes are your basic CSI Miami type. The Lone Gunmen hardly go out in the field and when they do there is rare any action or thriller in them. Heck most of the action is doe by some one who's not a lone gunman, Ms Eve Adelle Harlet. Though coming up to the final 5 or so eps, they started to include some of the supernatural and mythology of the X-Files in it. And the action started to pic up a bit. But what I really didn't like is that the 12 episode ended on cliffhanger "To Be Continued" included in the end  and then the 13th and final episode is a filler ignoring what happened in the previous ep. And though the show was partly resolved in The X-Files Season 9 episode "Jump The Shark" and even though the 13th episodes is one of my most relatable ep in The Lone Gunmen, they could've used ep 13 to give it a good ending. a 2/5 in my book.

drunkenshoe

Has anyone seen the new show "The Night of"? Not available anywhere yet. I am curious.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

I've been on a history kick lately, and I was delighted to see that the History Channel still occasionally covers actual history.  They have a program called Barbarians Rising, which covers some of the famous enemies of the Roman empire:  Spartacus, Hannibal, Attila, Boudica, Geiseric, etc.

It's probably best to look at this as a work of historical fiction rather than a completely historically accurate depiction of events.  Historically, the Vandal sack of Rome was relatively bloodless, but the show has Geiseric stepping over tons of fleshly-slain citizens of Rome.  My biggest gripe is that Atilla is played as a bloodthirsty psychopath who leads purely by fear, which doesn't really jive with the historical accounts - "a lover of war, yet restrained in action, mighty in counsel, gracious to suppliants and lenient to those who were once received into his protection."

Also, it's a bit bizarre to see CEOs and civil rights activists give commentary on historical figures.  When you need someone to talk about Hannibal, your first thought isn't to call up Jessie Jackson.

But the great thing about the miniseries is that some of the actors are top notch.  The actor who played Geiseric, Richard Brake, stole the show.  He seemed awfully familiar, so I looked him up.

Same guy.

trdsf

It's official, the revived MST3K has a home, and it's going to be on Netflix!

('Course, I was in on the kickstarter so I'm getting all the eps as free downloads anyway, but still, this is great news that they found a distributor!)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

JBCuzISaidSo

Wait, there's other TV besides Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead?

I suppose so......

Please also try:
* Preacher (AMC) http://www.amc.com/shows/preacher
-- Excellent, comic book based, dark and fun. I have high hopes for this one.
* Hell On Wheels (AMC) (just ended forever last week so start at 1/1) http://www.amc.com/shows/hell-on-wheels
-- Western. Outstanding cast, amazing characters, great show. You fucking missed it by days, asshole.
It’s a strange myth that atheists have nothing to live for. It’s the opposite. We have nothing to die for. We have everything to live for.
-- Ricky Gervais

Listen, Big Deal, we've got a bigger problem here. Women always figure out the truth. Always.
--Han Solo, The Force Awakens

Cavebear

What is wrong with Bob's Burgers!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: AkiraTheFighter on April 15, 2016, 07:07:31 PM

Oh it's happening. Rumor has it is that it is taking place in the main universe and not the new movies universe. Which is sad in my opinion cuz I like the new movies and hate the TV series and Old movies.

Here is the showrunner: http://www.superherohype.com/news/364975-bryan-fuller-hired-as-showrunner-for-new-star-trek-series
Except for the pilot, it's not going to be on TV though. It's supposed to be an online steaming thingy.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Solomon Zorn

Just watched the pilot episode of Westworld. Awesome. Anthony Hopkins plays a major role. I plan on watching the second episode today.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

SGOS

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on November 13, 2016, 07:03:57 AM
Just watched the pilot episode of Westworld. Awesome. Anthony Hopkins plays a major role. I plan on watching the second episode today.

I'll have to wait for the DVDs, but the first Westworld (there were two, right?), was a highly entertaining movie.  An absolutely great premise and storyline.