Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

TV Series Thread

Started by PickelledEggs, August 26, 2014, 06:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gentle_dissident

BattleBots got me to turn the TV on.

Carol Burnett gets my attention. I got the DVD set cheap 2nd hand

I watch Dr Who when the girls are streaming it.

We use an antenna. My GF keeps TV on in the background to deal with her anxiety caused by real life being a dystopia. Thankfully, she watches retro comedy, horror, and ScFi.

drunkenshoe

Mom's obssessed with Fargo. I have read that it is really good, but can't look more scared of spoilers. Thinking about starting it, but then may be in vacation time. I haven't even seen Breaking Bad yet. :sad2:
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

stromboli

Currently watching "The Expanse" on Sci Fi channel. Actually pretty good, interesting plots and a fairly realistic future setting of a political/military conflict between Earth, the moon and Mars with the asteroid miners (primarily on Ceres) caught in the middle. Plot devices galore and to me at least, gives a pretty accurate picture of what a near future (post-2300) situation might look like. Doesn't get into laser blasters and other wacky sci fi stuff but concentrates more on the interplay between different groups and a political/police mystery thrown in for good measure. Much better than the average for the sci fi channel.

gentle_dissident

I'd like to check out "The Expanse", but SyFy wants me to install the vulnerable Flash. It's also pounding me with pop-unders that say they're my ISP and that I need to call them. It's been a long time since I've had cable, but I remember SciFi being pretty sleazy.

stromboli

Quote from: gentle_dissident on December 28, 2015, 12:47:09 PM
I'd like to check out "The Expanse", but SyFy wants me to install the vulnerable Flash. It's also pounding me with pop-unders that say they're my ISP and that I need to call them. It's been a long time since I've had cable, but I remember SciFi being pretty sleazy.

Sci fi channel is 95% BS crap. But some of their stuff occasionally raises the bar a tad. This will no doubt come out on DVD at some point or maybe Netflix, so hopefully you will be able to see it.

LoriPinkAngel

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 28, 2015, 09:31:03 AM
Mom's obssessed with Fargo. I have read that it is really good, but can't look more scared of spoilers. Thinking about starting it, but then may be in vacation time. I haven't even seen Breaking Bad yet. :sad2:

Both are excellent but you can binge watch Fargo a lot faster than Breaking Bad.

Munch

I've finally decided to get into Steven Universe on daily motion. Actually really loving the show.

I kind of came to the decision when I started to see gifs, images and videos of when peridot called yellow diamond a clod.

I'd never seen steven universe before, but I knew this moment was awesome anyway.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

PopeyesPappy

Watched the first 4 episodes of The Shannara Chronicles over the weekend. I read The Sword of Shannara back in the 70s and liked it so I thought TV show might be good. Having a hard time keeping interested though.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: LoriPinkAngel on December 28, 2015, 04:44:58 PM
Both are excellent but you can binge watch Fargo a lot faster than Breaking Bad.

Note taken. :)
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hijiri Byakuren

RWBY has taken a rather depressing turn these past three episodes. And it looks like it'll only get darker for from here.

Secretly a Warsie.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 12, 2016, 12:51:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awhQVB7SB2o

Heck yes.

I really... really need to catch up with that.

Unrelated note... just watched Legend of Korra episodes beginning 1 and 2... oh my god the art direction and mythology in that episode. One of my favourite episodes of any series ever.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on January 11, 2016, 03:56:38 PM
Watched the first 4 episodes of The Shannara Chronicles over the weekend. I read The Sword of Shannara back in the 70s and liked it so I thought TV show might be good. Having a hard time keeping interested though.

I have just seen this in your post and had no idea what it is. It's not very good, but not very bad either. It is entertaining. It will drag soon though. (I am just watching the first one.)

PickelledEggs

I watched Heroes for the first time. It was good. season 1-3 were really good. 4 wasn't as good, but it was ok and still at the least, enjoyable.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 12, 2016, 01:50:37 PM
I watched Heroes for the first time. It was good. season 1-3 were really good. 4 wasn't as good, but it was ok and still at the least, enjoyable.

Aw, Heroes. :)