News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

TV Series Thread

Started by PickelledEggs, August 26, 2014, 06:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: gussy on January 22, 2015, 10:53:53 PM
New episodes of The Trailer Park Boys on Netflix.  After a long hiatus this show is back. Most of the cast is back too.  The formula is the same, the boys trying to stay out of jail while doing just about everything to get thrown back in.  It's on pay TV and the censorship is pretty much nonexistent this time around.  It can get a little greasy but sometimes life is greasy. 
YES! I thought I was the only person on the forum that watched TPB. No one gets my references and in fact, the reason I got my self sick (unintentionally) from pickled eggs and thus dubbed myself pickelledeggs is because of Bubble's love for the tasty fuckers.

BTW. If there are any stand-out details, don't reveal them. I have to download the series still and watch it...

Mermaid

We've been watching Weeds. It started out pretty good but appears to be jumping the shark in the 5th season.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mermaid on January 23, 2015, 07:42:16 AM
We've been watching Weeds. It started out pretty good but appears to be jumping the shark in the 5th season.
weeds is a great show. i only saw a few seasons though because i discontinued Netflix...

Shiranu

Quote from: Mermaid on January 23, 2015, 07:42:16 AM

I really liked Weeds, but yeah I stopped watching around season 4 and never picked it back up so I don't know how well it ends.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

trdsf

Finally got caught up on the most recent Doctor Who (except for the holiday episode).

Definitely finding its feet again after a rough start.  Capaldi is growing on me.  The final two-parter was good, and I was delighted to have guessed right about the identity of Missy.  Still not as good as the Classic series.  And I don't care what the BBC says, this was Season 35, not Series 8, and Capaldi is the 14th Doctor, not the 12th.

--signed, a grumpy old Whovian who knows how to count.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Archer is back!  Sploosh!

I started rewatching the old episodes.  My favorite is when Archer casually whips out a gun on a plane and a sky marshal draws his pistol thinking that it's a hijacking.  Archer's response?  "It's okay, we're from ISIS"

Hahaha.  Classic Archer.

PJS

Other than The Wire, the best show I've seen in the past year or two is probably Six Feet Under. Kind of a dark comedy,  well written and very well acted.
The path of least resistance and least trouble is a mental rut already made. It requires troublesome work to undertake the alternation of old beliefs.
-John Dewey

Deidre32

I think this weekend, I'll finally watch Walking Dead. lol I've not seen one episode of this! ^_^
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

Desdinova

Quote from: Deidre32 on March 26, 2015, 03:47:56 PM
I think this weekend, I'll finally watch Walking Dead. lol I've not seen one episode of this! ^_^

Let me know how you like it! As a reader of the graphic novels, I though I would hate it.  But its a really good show.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Desdinova

I started watching Spartacus: Blood and Sand recently.  Its' OK, not really impressed so far.  Lots of bewbs, so that's good I guess.  Lot's of penises too.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

C172

I don't watch anything too regularly. Sports (soccer, mainly [MLS and CONCACAF mainly]), news (local or CNN), C-SPAN, Weather Channel.

Don't ever accept an invite to party at my house.

antediluvian

True Detective - HBO
Fortitude - Pivot
Better Call Saul - AMC
I always wondered why having balls was equated with "strength".  Balls are sensitive and delicate, actually.   Better to grow a vagina.  Those things can take a pounding - and pop out a live human being the size of a watermelon.

trdsf

Quote from: C172 on April 09, 2015, 01:06:41 PM
I don't watch anything too regularly. Sports (soccer, mainly [MLS and CONCACAF mainly]), news (local or CNN), C-SPAN, Weather Channel.

Don't ever accept an invite to party at my house.
The Weather Channel is one of the few things I miss about cable.  Haven't had it in ten years (cancelled it shortly after getting an XM satellite radio, which service I still have).  I may get me a Netflix membership, though.  It's a damn sight cheaper than $50/month for cable that I rarely watched, for movies and TV that I can specifically choose.  I miss Mythbusters too, after all.  And I've seen the first episode of "House of Cards" and really want to see the rest.  Much to my surprise, it was actually as good as the original BBC version.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Any of you guys watch Vikings?  The pilot was pretty lackluster, but after a few episodes, I really started to get into it, and I'm glad I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZnDBlWNFi0

This one scene made me a fan of this series.  Vikings raid church.  The aptly-named Floki (he's the very image of the trickster god) drinks the communion wine out of curiosity at first, and then just to cheese off the churchgoers after seeing their reactions.  It's funny how they're more horrified over the wine than the butchery.

In short, Floki ftw.

Shiranu

Binge watching M*A*S*H*.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur