Author Topic: TV Series Thread  (Read 95409 times)

Offline trdsf

Re: TV Series Thread
« Reply #915 on: November 22, 2020, 02:29:45 PM »
New Animaniacs is just as good as it ever was, I am pleased to report.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Re: TV Series Thread
« Reply #916 on: November 23, 2020, 02:23:16 AM »
New Animaniacs is just as good as it ever was, I am pleased to report.

I've heard about 70% of it is as good as it was, with the other 30% being a departure from the original.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville

Offline trdsf

Re: TV Series Thread
« Reply #917 on: November 23, 2020, 02:51:16 AM »
I've heard about 70% of it is as good as it was, with the other 30% being a departure from the original.
I'm going to stick with 'as good as it ever was'.  It's all there, the wordplay, the pop culture references, the songs, Pinky and the Brain... yeah, I'm definitely okay with the new series.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Offline Hydra009

Re: TV Series Thread
« Reply #918 on: November 23, 2020, 08:49:04 PM »
I forgot how wonderfully strange Legend of the Seeker was.  They got so much stuff past the censors, it's unreal.

My favorite scene is where an evil sorcerer has the hero stuck in a dreamworld and the sorcerer appears before the hero in his dream as his childhood crush and tries to seduce him for information.  So this evil sorcerer, in the waking world, is saying that he loves him and wants to start a family together (no homo) while simultaneously, the female character is saying it in the dream.

And the best part is that the sorcerer is doing all this with his apprentice (another dude) in the same room with him, hearing all this homoerotic stuff without flinching or smirking in the slightest.

It's like Biggus Dickus except you really will be flayed alive if you laugh.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 08:54:57 PM by Hydra009 »

Re: TV Series Thread
« Reply #919 on: November 23, 2020, 10:14:20 PM »
I forgot how wonderfully strange Legend of the Seeker was.  They got so much stuff past the censors, it's unreal.

My favorite scene is where an evil sorcerer has the hero stuck in a dreamworld and the sorcerer appears before the hero in his dream as his childhood crush and tries to seduce him for information.  So this evil sorcerer, in the waking world, is saying that he loves him and wants to start a family together (no homo) while simultaneously, the female character is saying it in the dream.

And the best part is that the sorcerer is doing all this with his apprentice (another dude) in the same room with him, hearing all this homoerotic stuff without flinching or smirking in the slightest.

It's like Biggus Dickus except you really will be flayed alive if you laugh.

I remember wondering what kids who watched the show were thinking about all these leather-clad women deriving pleasure from torturing bound, scantily clad victims with their vibrators agiels.



The New Zealand locations really enhanced the show.
“You are the sky. Everything else – it’s just the weather.”

― Pema Chödrön

Offline Hydra009

Re: TV Series Thread
« Reply #920 on: November 24, 2020, 01:53:40 AM »
I remember wondering what kids who watched the show were thinking about all these leather-clad women deriving pleasure from torturing bound, scantily clad victims with their vibrators agiels.
I have no evidence, but I strongly suspect that someone brought their BDSM outfit and accessories to the set in a bag and one of the stagehands mistook it for an official outfit and that person complied rather than admit its true purpose.  And no one else objected because they all assumed that the higher-ups signed off on it.

Offline drunkenshoe

Re: TV Series Thread
« Reply #921 on: November 24, 2020, 04:33:16 AM »
Do you guys remember the flogging scene from Flash Gordon? That could be the first BDSM scene of my generation I guess. LOL
"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are good people and bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides." Havelock Vetinari