Author Topic: TV Series Thread  (Read 86438 times)

Offline Shiranu

Re: TV Series Thread
« Reply #825 on: June 28, 2020, 03:22:34 PM »
Seems like you can't enjoy anything these days without someone heavily involved trying to groom fans.

Yep. Just 3-4 days ago one of my favorite producers (who has had a questionable history with women in the past) had a slew of allegations come forth again, this time both more credible and more serious. These allegations also come from a tour with a DJ who was destroyed a few years ago for drugging and raping multiple women.

I wonder if getting rid of "celebrity culture" might go a long way towards fixing this problem, or if even without all that shit going to their heads most would still abuse their positions to exploit people. In Space Jesus's case, I know he has a pretty long history of drug abuse which I know doesn't help, but I feel like a lot of these abusers don't even have that "excuse".
ACAB

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #826 on: June 28, 2020, 03:35:01 PM »
Fame and money often amplify people's vices, including coercing people to have sex.

“You are the sky. Everything else – it’s just the weather.”

― Pema Chödrön

Offline drunkenshoe

« Reply #827 on: June 28, 2020, 03:42:52 PM »
I can't handle Final Space. It feels like OK... then it doesn't happen. 

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are good people and bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

Offline Sal1981

« Reply #828 on: June 30, 2020, 04:27:03 AM »
Fame and money often amplify people's vices, including coercing people to have sex.

The reporter probably thought he would say something mundane like buy a house or something.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool" --- Richard P. Feynman

« Reply #829 on: July 11, 2020, 12:07:53 AM »

Why, Butch? Why? I thought you were cool. Turns out, you're a piece of shit.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville