Author Topic: TV Series Thread  (Read 69342 times)

Re: TV Series Thread
« Reply #480 on: January 23, 2019, 07:59:51 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
watched the first two episodes of 'Titans' on netflix.

I didn't need it to be the 'teen titans' cartoon. I really didn't.

But for now, I was expecting... I dunno... more?

I'll keep watching for now. But I've heard Cyborg ain't in it, or not much. And that Garfield only changes into a tiger... I can get that budgetwise, for the CGI... but still... Seems to me like maybe then you should've gone with Victor over garfield and have garfield be a normal character that ends up getting his powers by the end of the first season. That way you can include him in the second, if it's a hit and you have the budget for it.
But maybe he'll turn out essential for the story of season 1, I dunno. Haven't seen much of him yet.

I expect Cyborg isn't in it because they're trying to create the illusion that it's set in the same universe as the DCU films, even if it isn't technically in the same canon. In the DCU, Cyborg is in the Justice League, so he's already got a team. And they probably don't have it in the budget to bring in Ray Fisher for cameos, especially with that tin foil CGI body he's got.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville

Offline Mr.Obvious

• Atheist Mantis
  • Jacuzzi Member
  • The rules are made up, and the points don't matter
« Reply #481 on: January 24, 2019, 01:07:34 AM »
I expect Cyborg isn't in it because they're trying to create the illusion that it's set in the same universe as the DCU films, even if it isn't technically in the same canon. In the DCU, Cyborg is in the Justice League, so he's already got a team. And they probably don't have it in the budget to bring in Ray Fisher for cameos, especially with that tin foil CGI body he's got.

I c... Kind of like how THE defenders don't go against THE mcu.

Well, it don't improve THE show.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, requesting 69 last night.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Offline Hydra009

« Reply #482 on: January 24, 2019, 12:38:24 PM »
*slaps roof of The Vikings*
This bad boy can hold so many almost dead characters in it.

Offline trdsf

« Reply #483 on: January 24, 2019, 03:30:08 PM »
Also, I seem to recall that Cyborg will be on the upcoming Doom Patrol ... which doesn't make a lot of sense because that team already has Robotman.  Well, we'll see what they do with it. Looks like it's going to be the Morrison DP rather than the original team, so I may have finally found a supers show I'll watch.
Sir Terry Pratchett, on being told about the theory that the universe is a computer simulation: "If we all get out and in again, would it start to work properly this time?"

Offline Draconic Aiur

« Reply #484 on: January 31, 2019, 11:12:43 AM »
Riverdale is looking good, but it has that twilight zing (fuck) and that Joesy and the Pussycats are not diverse. Needs more Jughead.

Offline Hydra009

« Reply #485 on: January 31, 2019, 11:32:39 PM »
Vikings s5e20 Ragnarok

I'm going to be as brief as possible and not spoil anything important, but I just have to get this off my chest.

This is by far the worst episode of the entire series.  Maybe the worst medieval TV episode ever.  I'm talking Razzie-tier stuff.

For starters, this is the most poorly conceived siege battle I've ever seen in my life.  The siegers' gameplan is twofold:  1) run at the wall with your bollocks blowing in the breeze 2) bring a battering ram completely unsupported and unprotected (dafuq?!), then eventually bring shields to protect the ram

Also, lie in wait within spitting distance of the gates while remaining stealthy, then light a F*&$KING FLAMING ARROW while still staying stealthy (??!!), then run at the wall while screaming like a complete moron and ruining the element of surprise.

And oh my god, the characters.  I won't spoil anything, but there's scenery chewing galore.  The characters in that 300 movie were more dynamic and compelling.  Simply put: brave characters aren't, scheming characters aren't, intelligent characters aren't.  Several secondary characters with hours of screentime don't have any payoffs at all. 

There's simply no satisfaction or resolution to be had.  Life is pain and unhappiness and then you die.

There's also an intentionally vague ending that's supposed to be deep but actually comes across as obfuscation for obfuscation's sake.

I honestly thought that this show would become something great, that there'd be some sort of amazing payoff.  And while it has had its moments of greatness, it has been subtly declining for quite some time now.

Now I pray to Odin that this show gets cancelled soon.  This show would be grateful for the manner of it and welcome the valkyries to carry it home.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 12:05:07 AM by Hydra009 »

Offline Baruch

« Reply #486 on: February 01, 2019, 07:43:57 PM »
Ever see The Warlord (1965)?  Has Charleton Heston and Richard Boone, and pretty good Viking (Frisian) vs Norman action.

Good siege action.  Mr Obvious should know, it is his country ... Flemings vs Walloons.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 08:11:01 PM by Baruch »
πŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽŒπŽ€πŽπŽŽπŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€πŽŸπŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽπŽ€πŽπŽ‰πŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€
luu shalmaata luu balt’aata
May you be well, may you be healthy

Offline Hijiri Byakuren

• ULC Minister, Honorary Doctor of Divinity
  • Jacuzzi Member
  • That's DOCTOR Hijiri, to you!
    • Sargon Lore
« Reply #487 on: February 02, 2019, 09:32:49 AM »
Been watching Perry Mason a lot lately. Good show, although some episodes have definitely aged better than others.

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Offline Baruch

« Reply #488 on: February 02, 2019, 09:41:09 AM »
Been watching Perry Mason a lot lately. Good show, although some episodes have definitely aged better than others.

All you need is a good investigator, a smart secretary and the willingness to see the truth for what it is.  That and make the District Attorney look bad.
πŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽŒπŽ€πŽπŽŽπŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€πŽŸπŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽπŽ€πŽπŽ‰πŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€
luu shalmaata luu balt’aata
May you be well, may you be healthy

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #489 on: February 03, 2019, 08:12:49 AM »
Been loving the replays of Samurai Jack!  They are being shown in order on Cartoon Network at 8 pm est.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Offline Mr.Obvious

• Atheist Mantis
  • Jacuzzi Member
« Reply #490 on: February 03, 2019, 01:36:52 PM »
Samurai Jack is legend. I really liked the older seasons.
And I really loved 95% of the last season.

« Reply #491 on: February 04, 2019, 01:11:34 AM »
Samurai Jack is legend. I really liked the older seasons.
And I really loved 95% of the last season.

That ending, though...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
--Fulke Greville

Offline Mr.Obvious

• Atheist Mantis
  • Jacuzzi Member
« Reply #492 on: February 04, 2019, 03:49:20 AM »
That ending, though...

That's why I said 95% :p

Online Munch

« Reply #493 on: February 04, 2019, 06:58:26 PM »

« Reply #494 on: February 04, 2019, 09:26:25 PM »

--Fulke Greville

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk