Author Topic: TV Series Thread  (Read 23524 times)

Offline trdsf

Re: TV Series Thread
« Reply #300 on: November 24, 2017, 08:36:50 PM »
JOY!!!

Netflix announced MST3K Season 12!

WE'VE GOT MORE MOVIE SIGN!
"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning." -- Calvin and Hobbes
"I thought I committed regicide today, but I committed deicide!" -- Sadie Doyle, Beyond Belief

Online Shiranu

« Reply #301 on: November 24, 2017, 10:59:03 PM »
Descendants of the Sun is on Hulu... after Taboo, that will be next.

Taboo: Pretty fucking good. Set in Victorian London, psycho get's caught in a 4 way corporate war between the East India Company, the Crown, the States and his own self interest. Tom Hardy is great. Would recommend if you like gritty period pieces and corporate/political scheming.
Om Mani Padme Hum

« Reply #302 on: December 04, 2017, 12:16:19 AM »
The Walking Dead 8x7

A very odd episode with a lot of questionable character moments.  But hey, we at least got to see some much-anticipated action and things finally change a little.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 12:24:32 AM by Hydra009 »

Offline AllPurposeAtheist

« Reply #303 on: December 04, 2017, 01:15:44 AM »
Just finished watching Midnight Sun on Hulu.. Very well done series from France and Sweden staring Leïla Bekhti.. Very good and hot Algerian born actress..also watched Below the Surface from Denmark.. Much better series than 99% of the crap produced here..
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 01:17:44 AM by AllPurposeAtheist »
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Offline Luther Martini

« Reply #304 on: December 10, 2017, 10:46:16 AM »
I am looking forward seeing to "Peaky Blinders" season 4.  Currently being broadcast on BBC, it will be on Netflix later this month.  I am re-watching season 3 in anticipation of the new episodes.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 10:52:18 AM by Luther Martini »

« Reply #305 on: December 12, 2017, 09:45:26 PM »
The Walking Dead
Season 8 mid-season finale

Goddamn it, Gimple.  You done messed up.

This show has gone downhill a little lately, but it's had its moments, so I've been letting things slide.  And shocking deaths are a big part of the appeal this show, but there's a way to do that correctly.  This wasn't that.  It didn't pull the heartstrings, it just made me roll my eyes and wonder aloud if the writing staff was composed entirely of walkers.  It didn't shock me, it just disappointed me.

And I've been singing the praises of All Out War to my brother, who's kinda iffy on the show.  It's such an amazing part in the comics that any decent adaptation would make for fantastic TV.  I sound like a crazy person when I tell him how amazing this scene or that scene will be on TV because what actually makes it onscreen is such a pale imitation of the source material that, well, I sound crazy to be so rapt in anticipation.

The TV version has steadily lost a lot of what made it a great drama.  Unless it rekindles that magic, it's in for a swift decline.  And while this isn't the first crack, it is the first breach in the wall.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 09:49:41 PM by Hydra009 »

« Reply #306 on: December 14, 2017, 09:37:02 PM »
And now for something completely different, a joke that made my day.  Hell, probably my week.