News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

TV Series Thread

Started by PickelledEggs, August 26, 2014, 06:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorginak

Gawdzilla Sama

Love the Loki show. More twists and turns than a pretzel with Tourette's.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SvZurich

Currently watching the 3 Mobile Suit Gundam movies on Netflix, and will start MSG Char's Counterattack when done.  I'm starting to click with some presumed Easter Eggs shown in Gundam Unicorn UC 96.
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYCEXg4_lCM

Full episode on the house.  Let's just say you don't pay...with money.

drunkenshoe

I'm watching He-Man. ðŸ¤" 😊 First time watching as an adult and in English. Awww.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

Remember Ted Baxter, the incompetent news anchor for WJM on the old Mary Tyler Moore Show?  I took a peek at an episode last night on Hulu, and couldn't help but think that Ted Baxter reminds me of Donald Trump.  He looks like he could have been his father way back then.  Like Trump, he's incapable of logical reasoning, but more harmless and without the vitriol.  It was Episode 2 of the first season.  The episode is about something else, but Baxter appears toward the end and fully develops his character for the rest of the seasons.

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 19, 2021, 11:26:44 AMLove the Loki show. More twists and turns than a pretzel with Tourette's.
I saw a behind the scenes of the writers' room and they essentially used Dan Harmond's story circle plot.  Now I kinda feel cheated because while those plots are entertaining, they're very cyclical and almost static - the characters basically end up where they started.  I prefer characters to change even more than that and be unable to return to the previous status quo.

trdsf

New Helluva Boss just dropped... and this might be the best one yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXErLiSbxXQ
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Shiranu

I went into that with zero context, and that was a trip lol.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Blackleaf

Quote from: Shiranu on August 22, 2021, 02:35:57 AM
I went into that with zero context, and that was a trip lol.

Start with the pilot episode. For some reason, these guys name the second episode "episode 1," so it's a little confusing. The pilot is what you need for the context.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 01, 1975, 11:59:19 PMFor some reason, these guys name the second episode "episode 1," so it's a little confusing.
*laughs in binary and hexadecimal*

Mr.Obvious

the gf and i watched 'the handmaid's tale's first episode.
She'd wanted to see it for a while.
I've heard many great things.
But I must admit. It does not have me hooked yet.
It's okay, but nothing spectacular.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Blackleaf

Watched the first three episodes of Marvel's "What-If" series. The second episode had me thinking about this meme.

Spoilers for if you haven't seen it yet.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

SGOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA-oCTUrNfE&t=99s
Ten new episodes of Dexter will return to Showtime in November. Apparently fans felt like there was not enough closure to the original series.  I thought the conclusion was fine.  Sure it left everyone hanging, but that's not unusual.  In fact, every damn episode left me hanging.

Biffster

Don’t know if this has been mentioned yet, and there’s over 1200 entries on this thread that I don’t have time to read, but I definitely recommend The Leftovers (HBO) if you haven’t seen it. It runs 3 seasons and deals with how humanity survives after the “sudden departure” makes 2% of the world’s population mysteriously disappear. Stars Justin Theroux, Amy Breneman, Christopher Excleston and Carrie Coon. Written by Damon Lindelof (Lost) based on a book by Tom Parotta with many great directors including Mimi Leder.  Lots of puzzling stories but they definitely pay off.