News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

TV Series Thread

Started by PickelledEggs, August 26, 2014, 06:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Sorginak on June 09, 2021, 08:42:41 PMWhat I have no interest in watching, however, is The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.
It's extremely similar to the Winter Soldier movie and Civil War.  So, if you didn't like those movies, you probably won't like the TV show that dovetails them.

I've gotta say, I didn't have high hopes coming into it, but I was pleasantly surprised.  Episode 2 was painfully bad imo, but episode 3 was amazing and it stays decently good from there.  Unfortunately, you kinda have to suffer through the first couple of episodes to get to the good part.

Bottom line: the show is like a wrapped birthday cake that someone accidentally dropped.  It's kinda banged up a bit, but it's still pretty tasty.  But if you don't want to take a bite, that's perfectly understandable.

Mr.Obvious

How does atla stay so damn good?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mr.Obvious

Downright weird show, raised by wolves.

Praying to Sol for a second season.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

trdsf

I discovered Holey Moley today.  If you haven't seen it, it's basically a demented cross between miniature golf and a mostly watery obstacle course.

I am hooked.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on June 11, 2021, 08:34:02 PM
I discovered Holey Moley today.  If you haven't seen it, it's basically a demented cross between miniature golf and a mostly watery obstacle course.

I am hooked.
I am 100% down for anything like Takeshi's Castle/XMC/Wipeout, so that has my seal of approval.  Good ol' physical comedy combined with physical challenges partly skill-based and partly luck-based.  Good stuff.

trdsf

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 11, 2021, 10:55:55 PM
I am 100% down for anything like Takeshi's Castle/XMC/Wipeout, so that has my seal of approval.  Good ol' physical comedy combined with physical challenges partly skill-based and partly luck-based.  Good stuff.
It's shot the same place Wipeout was.  Season 3 drops next Thursday; Season 4 has already been greenlighted.

One of the holes is called Uranus.  The commentary usually goes exactly the way you think it would:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvBouLh1XJ8
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cassia

Quote from: trdsf on June 09, 2021, 02:00:45 PM
Watching old Julia Child episodes on Roku.  I'm still not sure I would try brains or sweetbreads, but she definitely made them less scary.

Shiranu

Started watching "Castlevania" on Netflix, really enjoying it so far. Good plot, beautiful artwork, voice acting is maybe a bit jank but not horribly.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on June 09, 2021, 02:00:45 PM
Watching old Julia Child episodes on Roku.  I'm still not sure I would try brains or sweetbreads, but she definitely made them less scary.
You should be afraid of brains.

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Sorginak

Just finished watching Sweet Tooth on Netflix and it was really good. Definitely worth a watch.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on June 10, 2021, 04:10:02 PM
Downright weird show, raised by wolves.

Praying to Sol for a second season.
I made it as far as the second ship arriving. Does it get better?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 13, 2021, 08:26:33 AM
You should be afraid of brains.

That needs an Eek!! button, not a Like button.  XD

Hydra009

At a certain point, it stops being milligrams and starts being regular grams.

Hydra009

LOKI!  I was intrigued before, but episode 2 has me at the edge of my seat.  Wow!

I watched a lot of reviews of episode 1 and some people were very upset that their favorite character starts out on a low point.  But I have a writing protip for them: where characters start out is almost always completely different from where they end up.  Otherwise, there's no story to the story.

Also, you can't have your character kick ass and take names all the time.  Semper victor - that gets very repetitive.  Sometimes, they have to be defeated.  Otherwise, they don't learn.  Cause if they don't learn, they don't change.  And change is basically all writers do.  Conflict creates change.  If you wanna make an omelette...

trdsf

I finally started watching the Jeremy Brett Holmes series.  I just never took the time before; it's on Britbox.  He (and David Burke) won me over within five minutes.  Clive Merrison and Michael Williams remain my favorite Holmes and Watson, but Brett and Burke are unquestionably brilliant.