News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

All Darren Wilson Does is Win

Started by lumpymunk, August 22, 2014, 01:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zarus tathra

QuoteYour opinion is worth very little.

Oh okay. I guess I'll just go away now. Because that's what people on the Internet do, they passively accept what other people say without any argument.

QuoteContrary to what you may believe, the job of the police officer is not to shoot people. His job is to keep the public order. Sometimes that necessitates shooting some people, but it's not actually part of the job and is near the bottom of the list of desirable outcomes.

I know. But there is always a most probable outcome given any given configuration of circumstances.
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.

Icarus

Quote from: zarus tathra on August 28, 2014, 01:31:30 AM
Oh okay. I guess I'll just go away now. Because that's what people on the Internet do, they passively accept what other people say without any argument.

Not really, you deny what people say without any argument and lie in an attempt to look intelligent. The internet is full of wackos.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: zarus tathra on August 28, 2014, 01:31:30 AM
I know. But there is always a most probable outcome given any given configuration of circumstances.
Even if you assume some scuffle occurred, once Michael Brown was down with a bullet in his body, any danger to Officer Wilson's life was over (if there were any danger in the first place). It is then incumbent upon Officer Wilson to render aid. He did not. Apparently, there was no attempt to call an ambulance or even report that he had shot a man who is now dying in the street by Officer Wilson. If he had, Brown might have survived â€"perhaps a little wiserâ€" instead of bleeding out and dying in the street.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

josephpalazzo

Quote from: stromboli on August 27, 2014, 07:52:58 PM

I think that elements of racism are involved, but Brown may certainly have done something to elevate the situation. Too bad, either way.

To me, it looks more and more of a case where a young kid, looking like an adult due to his height and weight, acted out (the video of the incident in the convenient store is a good indication of the mental state this kid had) and a cop who lost his nerves. It's too bad that it was framed from the get-go by the media as racism. This kind of sensationalism is not conducive to find real solutions so that such incidents are not repeated in the future.

doorknob

I believe there is some racism in the way that police profile people around them. Right or wrong that's pretty much how it is around here. I've also been profiled for being white in a black neighbor hood where drugs are purchased regularly. To them I didn't belong there. Which they were right that time I didn't belong there and I was up to no good.

racism seems like it's impossible to get away from. As long as we have different races for what ever reason there will be racism.

Was this cop being racist? I have no idea. But regardless he shot a civilian that to the best of our knowledge was not a threat. I think he panicked after words I doubt he intentionally let the kid bleed out. Still he should have been trained in what to do after shooting some one. Yes he should have called an ambulance not stand around doing nothing. At the very least he should receive punishment for negligence.though I agree he needs more charges than that. The rest of the story we'll never truly know since we weren't there.

Hydra009

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on August 28, 2014, 08:38:16 AMEven if you assume some scuffle occurred, once Michael Brown was down with a bullet in his body, any danger to Officer Wilson's life was over (if there were any danger in the first place).
Allegedly, it was "more than a couple" bullets as well.

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 28, 2014, 10:43:36 AM
Allegedly, it was "more than a couple" bullets as well.

The autoposy showed 6; two in the head, 3 in the arm and one I believe in the shoulder.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

zarus tathra

It's possible for people to keep going after they've been shot.
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.

Hydra009

Quote from: zarus tathra on August 29, 2014, 01:27:44 AM
It's possible for people to keep going after they've been shot.
He was probably still resisting arrest as he was on the ground bleeding to death.

AllPurposeAtheist

I haven't posted for awhile because there's just to much stupidity going on, but I'm compelled to point a few things out I've seen and been involved in personally and because this is a very racist nation where nobody has the balls to come right out and say they are afraid of black people.
I have been caught up in a 'drug sweep' in a black neighborhood where cops aimed guns at EVERYONE out on the streets including kids, old folks, mothers and children simply for being outside in that neighborhood. Everyone they caught, including me went to jail that day and only one person out of about 30 had any drugs.
I've been to court and have seen a black guy, charged with the very same offense as me with the same record sent directly to jail for 30 days while I was released on OR..
Nearly ALL of my black friends have been or are in prison today and I have a lot of black friends. I personally know 4 guys right here at the YMCA who have been shot by police.
Nearly ALL of my white friends are in denial that black people are treated differently, but that's par for the course. Out of sight out of mind.
Police and courts have a huge financial stake in all this because all they have to do is claim they suspect any money or assets you have came from illegal activity and they can take it all without even having to make an arrest and they know most black people can't afford attorneys so it's as simple as picking THE LOW HANGING FRUIT..
https://www.aclu.org/policing-for-profit?web_acluaction_131029_policing
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

Quote from: baronvonrort on August 25, 2014, 09:27:43 PM
If you steal from a shop then jaywalk with your ill gotten gains then assault a cop who tells you to get off the road resulting in his firearm discharging inside the Police car don't whinge to me if the cop shoots you.

As for the anti gun bigots consider these facts-
Of course the leftist gun grabbers are silent on which race has the highest homicide rate, did the Chicago gun laws work?
They didn't work because all they had to do is get them in another city, which they do.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Solitary

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on August 29, 2014, 05:06:32 AM
I haven't posted for awhile because there's just to much stupidity going on, but I'm compelled to point a few things out I've seen and been involved in personally and because this is a very racist nation where nobody has the balls to come right out and say they are afraid of black people.
I have been caught up in a 'drug sweep' in a black neighborhood where cops aimed guns at EVERYONE out on the streets including kids, old folks, mothers and children simply for being outside in that neighborhood. Everyone they caught, including me went to jail that day and only one person out of about 30 had any drugs.
I've been to court and have seen a black guy, charged with the very same offense as me with the same record sent directly to jail for 30 days while I was released on OR..
Nearly ALL of my black friends have been or are in prison today and I have a lot of black friends. I personally know 4 guys right here at the YMCA who have been shot by police.
Nearly ALL of my white friends are in denial that black people are treated differently, but that's par for the course. Out of sight out of mind.
Police and courts have a huge financial stake in all this because all they have to do is claim they suspect any money or assets you have came from illegal activity and they can take it all without even having to make an arrest and they know most black people can't afford attorneys so it's as simple as picking THE LOW HANGING FRUIT..
https://www.aclu.org/policing-for-profit?web_acluaction_131029_policing
Welcome back APA! Good post. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hydra009

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on August 29, 2014, 05:06:32 AMI haven't posted for awhile because there's just to much stupidity going on, but I'm compelled to point a few things out I've seen and been involved in personally and because this is a very racist nation where nobody has the balls to come right out and say they are afraid of black people.
Racism is a big part of it.  But there is also the major problem of police brutality/excessive force.  It's ridiculous that an organization set up and paid for by the people to protect the people from harm all too often beats them up or kills them completely unnecessarily.  And the worst part is that this thuggish behavior often goes unpunished.  I could mess up a pizza and get fired tomorrow but these people could gun down an unarmed person and go on paid vacation.

AllPurposeAtheist

The thing is Hydra is these war toys police deploy are almost always used in black neighborhoods AS IF white people never riot needlessly or are no threat.. During the Bundy ranch fiasco the war toys were not used and those white people WERE a direct threat to police, but the local police were fine and dandy with the Bundy gang aiming automatic weapons at law enforcement officials..

AllPurposeAtheist

QuoteThe NRA continues to prove to be a group of terrible human beings. Here's what the NRA Women twitter account piped up with on Wednesday while the rest of American media was showing videotape of a presumably now-traumatized 9-year-old girl losing control of a fully automatic Uzi before spraying her tourist-friendly "instructor" with bullets, killing him.
"7 Ways Children Can Have Fun at the Shooting Range" via @TeamWON. READ: http://www.womensoutdoornews.com/...
â€" @NRAWomen
The tweet was deleted about an afterwards; the article linked to is a look at various products meant to make shooting at things more fun for small kids, such as targets shaped like animals or zombies or targets with bright colors or things that explode when you shoot them. You know, kid stuff. They do note, parents, that with the exploding targets you "do need to be extra careful."

So smooth work yet again, NRA. And hey, technically you did hold off until the body was coldâ€"we might even count that as an improvement over your past work.
From daily kos