Let's define some basic terms that are overused and badly abused

Started by zarus tathra, August 22, 2014, 12:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

Quote from: zarus tathra on August 24, 2014, 12:57:29 PM
Omg I don't want to be a twat you are so right

This is what happens when amateurs try to use sarcasm.

You're not liked, kid.

You are just a tiresome attention whore who occasionally posts uninteresting posts on topics no one cares about which would be easily ignorable if you were also an arrogant prick about the whole thing, which just brings you negative attention. Because when you're an attention whore, you make no distinction between positive and negative attention. Being an attention whore also means your a self-centered and unlikable shit who doesn't care if anything you post enriches anyone else's life or interests them at all. You just want people to pay attention to you. Also, being self-centered, you have already imagined that we all agreed with you and praise you for your considerable brain. So why do bother posting? You only care about what goes on in that little mind of yours and you have already imagined our response. Posting your drivel is redundant. Why bother? No one listens to you, but you don't care.

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

zarus tathra

This place is where the frustrated need for power, the illusion of power and influence, and the total inability to enact real change in meatspace come together. You be the judge.
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

AllPurposeAtheist

Eegla oogla baluugvagzitani.. Look it up.. Really! The true definition, "zarus is just full of shit."
OK, I confess.. That's MY definition and I'm sticking to it..  :music2:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: zarus tathra on August 28, 2014, 01:17:07 PM
This place is where the frustrated need for power, the illusion of power and influence, and the total inability to enact real change in meatspace come together. You be the judge.
And yet, here you are.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

zarus tathra

?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: zarus tathra on August 29, 2014, 06:24:20 PM
I'm just baffling the men who would be king.
As reported on CNN BREAKING NEWS right below the plane is still missing and #BENGAZI!
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hakurei Reimu

Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Shiranu

Quote from: zarus tathra on August 29, 2014, 06:24:20 PM
I'm just baffling the men who would be king.

I guess baffling is what they call it nowadays... kids and their silly slang...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

I'm .. confused :(, is all this because the op wants definitions of words and won't accept different interpretations and meanings to those words?

Isn't it kind of set in stone for some words being universal, while others are simply interchangeable from a cultural basis? Isn't it better to ask others interpretation of said words if they are not so set?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin