What are you listening to? Part II (The Revengening)

Started by Agramon, February 15, 2013, 02:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Holy shit, this dropped last year and I didn't even know. Two legends of the sound, fully aware of their place in hip hop history on a soulful and nostalgic beat with the Jackson 5 samples... perfection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl_-3oSlWaU
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

I have no link, but just heard a Russian girl singing live and I don't know if I heard a human or an angel... Though I couldn't understand a word each sound spoke to me, as if the language itself fundamentally revolved around pain and passion rather than a clinical and cold expresion and exchangelike English has become.

It was as if poetry still breathed through every word, that every breath inhaled breathed in the spirit of life and exhaled a tapestry.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Shiranu

Not the song I heard, but here is Regina Spektor singing in Russian... and it's like the language was composed just for acoustic music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmzfaapaPMA

Shiranu

Shiranu

Shiranu

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Shiranu

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 27, 2021, 01:34:11 PM
This song always remind me  the movie Gross Pointe Blank.

Havn't seen it, but the plot sounds interesting.

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 29, 2021, 09:58:26 PM
That's the original version and you can't convince me otherwise.

It's actually really creepy just how real it sounds; not just the voice but the lyrical content and scheme sounds exactly like what he would write.

Hydra009

The only fans momma joke is so on-brand, it's uncanny.

Shiranu

This is the other one, and it's just as Shady. The "What if Jesus was watching?" line is just... *chef's kiss*

Edit: Oh my god, and I forgot the 4th grade/poppin off in the hallway... so topical.