What are you listening to? Part II (The Revengening)

Started by Agramon, February 15, 2013, 02:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassia

Great stuff, especially the "take me out to the ballgame" noodling. Our local jazz dives are evaporating or the owners/booking agents are so caustic that musicians would rather set up on the sidewalk, LOL

trdsf

Quote from: Cassia on October 26, 2020, 07:04:33 AM
Great stuff, especially the "take me out to the ballgame" noodling. Our local jazz dives are evaporating or the owners/booking agents are so caustic that musicians would rather set up on the sidewalk, LOL
Toledo used to have a wonderful jazz scene between the Cake Walkin' Jass Band at Tony Packo's, Ragtime Rick's, and (sniffle) Rusty's Jazz Cafe.  I'm not sure what's left anymore.  The CWJB hasn't played at Packo's in ages, I know Rusty's is closed (and became a *spitspit* sports bar) and I think Ragtime Rick's is gone too.  And there aren't any jazz clubs here that I've found.  Sigh.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cassia

The darkest, coldest club around had an unlit corner at the back bar that I could shrink into, hide out and people watch. Not ordinary people but 'darklings', kinda like me. Those who smoked cloves and didn't go to their graduation ceremonies or who may have also witnessed too much violence or stuttered when they talked. I heard this violin and I could see the image of my beautiful mother in a sundress and the wind in her hair. I can relive through music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3pRLSkw7Ck

Shiranu

Hey, it's been awhile. I hope everyone is doing well.

One of the few American DJs who could bring techno to the main stage, I_o, passed away today from depression.

This was the last song he put out and it's absolutely beautiful. I just thought I would stop by and share it.

Love while you can, because one day it will be taken from you without warning.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 25, 2020, 01:01:26 AM
I legit really like this song.

That's Bilal Göregen. He is a Turkish street drummer. He is blind. The video was shot in Istanbul. It also has no lyrics, I like that. It's a version of beatbox I guess. It's addictive.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Shiranu on November 25, 2020, 03:17:45 AM
Hey, it's been awhile. I hope everyone is doing well.

One of the few American DJs who could bring techno to the main stage, I_o, passed away today from depression.

This was the last song he put out and it's absolutely beautiful. I just thought I would stop by and share it.

Love while you can, because one day it will be taken from you without warning.

Glad to hear you're OK. I was thinking about you a couple of weeks back.

Shiranu

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 25, 2020, 03:43:19 AM
Glad to hear you're OK. I was thinking about you a couple of weeks back.

I'm doing alright, just really embracing the hermit life. This is the most social interaction I've had with...anyone... since I took a break from the forums.

I've been scared I might have concerned some people with just suddenly disappearing, particularly you and a few others, so I thought I would let yall know I'm still alive.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on November 25, 2020, 03:54:20 AM
I'm doing alright, just really embracing the hermit life. This is the most social interaction I've had with...anyone... since I took a break from the forums.

I've been scared I might have concerned some people with just suddenly disappearing, particularly you and a few others, so I thought I would let yall know I'm still alive.

Glad to hear from our young idealist.  Hope you are still Covid free.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Shiranu on November 25, 2020, 03:54:20 AM

What do you do all day?

Glad you aren't dead.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Shiranu

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on November 25, 2020, 02:04:28 PM
What do you do all day?

Glad you aren't dead.

History videos on YouTube mostly, as well as binge watching several T.V. series (watched all of the Clone Wars finally). Work on music off and on, but haven't been able to find much consistent motivation to.

Messed up the tendon in my foot longboarding, so I've been pretty immobile for the last couple of weeks.