What are you listening to? Part II (The Revengening)

Started by Agramon, February 15, 2013, 02:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

I keep my radio presets eclectic.  Everything from classical music to classic rock to the most modern stuff.  And on the "most modern" I amused to hear a commercial advertising diaper services.  LOL!  Everyone grows up eventually.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 17, 2018, 02:23:38 PM
I don't know if you'll find this of any interest or not, but I like it:
I am going to be spending the rest of the month looking for patterns in the Recamán Sequence... that is *exactly* the kind of maths I love playing with.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

Oh, for joy! I only found out about it recently, and thought it was pretty cool. I was surprised, though, that it didn't make the top 10 list of favorite sequences, but oh well.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 17, 2018, 07:44:21 PM
Oh, for joy! I only found out about it recently, and thought it was pretty cool. I was surprised, though, that it didn't make the top 10 list of favorite sequences, but oh well.

Algorithmic sequences can be pretty, in a crystalline sort of way.  But no algorithmic number can represent life, only the real number line can do that, and that means including the non-algorithmic transcendental numbers.  Pi is an example of an algorithmic transcendental.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 17, 2018, 07:44:21 PM
I've never heard of it before, and I haven't checked in on Numberphile in quite a while.  I know Alex Bellos from his appearances on The Infinite Monkey Cage (highly recommended).  Fascinating!
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

I'm listening to this right now, for the first time. I like it, so maybe ya'll will as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l685JEwFPb4
God Not Found

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Blackleaf

Had this stuck in my head since yesterday. Listening to the lyrics, one could swear it was written just recently, in the age where people with a large audience can say "the water is turning the frogs gay," and not be laughed off as a complete moron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyV54YwPAkk
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Shiranu

trdsf

Hydra009

Shiranu

Shiranu