What are you listening to? Part II (The Revengening)

Started by Agramon, February 15, 2013, 02:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Deidre32

The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

trdsf

A History of the World in 100 Objects.  While the presenter is far too uncritical of Western religion and generally--though not completely--dismissive of the damage they've done to other cultures, when the subject isn't religion he's capable of truly incisive insights, and the global sweep of history from a two million year old stone hand axe to a modern solar-charged electric lamp points out how far we have (and have not) come as a species.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on April 30, 2018, 12:58:14 PM
A History of the World in 100 Objects.  While the presenter is far too uncritical of Western religion and generally--though not completely--dismissive of the damage they've done to other cultures, when the subject isn't religion he's capable of truly incisive insights, and the global sweep of history from a two million year old stone hand axe to a modern solar-charged electric lamp points out how far we have (and have not) come as a species.

Materialist twaddle.  Diogenes searches for one honest man, and never finds one.  That would be something worth finding.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Shiranu

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Unbeliever, that wins just for opening with Sing Sing Sing.

LOVE me some big band and swing!
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on May 05, 2018, 10:24:19 PM
Unbeliever, that wins just for opening with Sing Sing Sing.

LOVE me some big band and swing!

The radio is playing "Dancing With Myself"!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Shiranu

Baruch

Got Nazis under your bed Shiranu?  Or are they in the closet?  Are you a Holocaust survivor?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs