What are you listening to? Part II (The Revengening)

Started by Agramon, February 15, 2013, 02:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Shiranu on July 21, 2017, 09:35:33 AM
:(

I didn't hear that song until after Chester's death. Definitely going to miss him.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

trdsf

Reading of a selection of short stories by Arthur C. Clarke
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Shiranu

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 02, 2017, 01:27:55 PM
I didn't hear that song until after Chester's death. Definitely going to miss him.

Same. The live version on Jimmy Kimmel is even more amazing.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Cavebear

Classic Rock.  And the station has really pulled out all the good ones.  You name it (and some you won't) they have played it tonight.  Eagle's 'Hotel California' right now...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

trdsf

I.  Um.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQqK1CjE9bA

Both Frank Zappa and Kurt Cobain listed them as being favorites of theirs.  I think they're the Ed Wood of girl bands.  Or the Ed Wood of soft 60s rock.  Or prophetesses of the avant-garde.  Or Florence Foster Jenkins with a guitar, bass and drums.  I don't know.  Why am I still listening to this?  Why can't I turn it off?
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Blackleaf

As a Sonic fan, I of course hate almost every Sonic game. lol. But this song for one of two games coming this year does appeal to me for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: trdsf on August 10, 2017, 11:41:28 AM
I.  Um.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQqK1CjE9bA

Both Frank Zappa and Kurt Cobain listed them as being favorites of theirs.  I think they're the Ed Wood of girl bands.  Or the Ed Wood of soft 60s rock.  Or prophetesses of the avant-garde.  Or Florence Foster Jenkins with a guitar, bass and drums.  I don't know.  Why am I still listening to this?  Why can't I turn it off?

Whoa. What is going on with the beat? It's all over the place. It sounds like they're all playing by their own timescale.
--Fulke Greville--

trdsf

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 10, 2017, 12:09:10 PM
Whoa. What is going on with the beat? It's all over the place. It sounds like they're all playing by their own timescale.

The best comment on the original YouTube page was: "No metronomes were harmed in the making of this album."

I tend to think it's a guitarist issue more than a drummer issue.  When she's not singing (or "singing" if you prefer), the guitarist is capable of staying on the beat with the drummer.  As soon as the vocals start, though, she starts strumming on each word or syllable without regard for what the drummer is doing.  On the other hand, the drummer sounds like she's just doing her own thing without regard to the song sometimes, or changes the beat radically from the intro so that it sounds like she's playing to a different song.

So I really don't know -- avant-garde or avant-a-clue.

trdsf

Neil Innes, Innes Own World (link to the playlist).

Cavebear

Pictures at an Exposition...  And then Jesus Christ Superstar.  I love my CDs...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Shiranu

Really been fucking with Lox Chatterbox lately.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur