What are you listening to? Part II (The Revengening)

Started by Agramon, February 15, 2013, 02:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

trdsf

The BBC World Service's 50 Things That Made the Modern Economy.  Weirdly fascinating, especially as I'm someone whose eyes glaze over when the subject is economics.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mr.Obvious

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

trdsf

Finally getting around to listening to Welcome to Night Vale.  I don't know why it took me so long.  I love it.  It's the News from Lake Wobegon, if it were written by H.P. Lovecraft.  Or maybe the news from Arkham, Massachusetts as read by Garrison Keillor.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

JBCuzISaidSo

It’s a strange myth that atheists have nothing to live for. It’s the opposite. We have nothing to die for. We have everything to live for.
-- Ricky Gervais

Listen, Big Deal, we've got a bigger problem here. Women always figure out the truth. Always.
--Han Solo, The Force Awakens

Shiranu

Shiranu

trdsf

Just got turned on to the Thrilling Adventure Hour, which does their comedy in the style of old-time radio shows.  The standout is Beyond Belief, which completely won me over with the exchange: "I am but a tool of the lord!"  "Well, you're half right."

Unbeliever

I've recently come across Captain Beyond, and it sounds pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHbjySOJ7Hw
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mr.Obvious

Shiranu