What are you listening to? Part II (The Revengening)

Started by Agramon, February 15, 2013, 02:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

GSOgymrat

I wasn't sure whether to put this in humor or WTF. I had never heard this song or seen this video until YouTube suggested it a couple of days ago. It is so dated with the semi-trucks, roller disco, catsuit, and late-70s gay aesthetic that I found it mesmerizing. Hats off to whoever restored this in HD because they did a good job-- most videos from that era are terrible quality.

https://youtu.be/BEUd71BPyg0

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cassia

I was feeling melancholy about the world situation, so I did what I do. Headed for the piano and wrote myself into a better mood. I picked up some software for my PC that emulates the mastering desk at Abbey Road Studios, and I think this came out rather nice...

https://youtu.be/w89Gdi3t9tU

Hydra009

In surprising news for me: I found out that the (historical folk?) band Heilung is going to tour the US, including NC.  This is what they look like:

Their instruments include but are not limited to human/animal bones and a drum literally painted with the band's own blood (metal af)

Naturally, I bought a ticket.

I am extremely excited at the prospect of seeing them live.  They have a reputation for excellent live shows, and I have no doubt that they will blow my mind and melt my face (in a good way)

Me in 8 months:

Shiranu

I see they will be in Dallas at the end of the year, that might just be worth the drive up there.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cassia

Not a bad idea if you hear a pack of dire wolves closing in to pick up about 50 drums and start pounding on them in unison. Pre-battle, too. Shake the castle walls.

Mike Cl

'Let there be Drums!'  Sandy Nelson--an all time great! 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

GSOgymrat

In the 60s and 70s, certain gas stations had promotions where customers bought a tank of gas and got a free or discounted compilation album of Christmas music. We had one of those albums titled "Something Festive" and listened to it every year growing up. One of the songs was "Snow", written by Randy Newman, which my brother and I found both creepy and pretty. I still listen to it every year because it reminds me of childhood. My husband routinely makes fun of it, so the song has even more associations.

https://youtu.be/rvbRYACphgw