Author Topic: What are you listening to? Part II (The Revengening)  (Read 233969 times)

Offline trdsf

Re: What are you listening to? Part II (The Revengening)
« Reply #2010 on: February 25, 2021, 12:37:41 AM »
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Offline Shiranu

« Reply #2011 on: February 26, 2021, 04:43:59 AM »
This was the masterpiece Daft Punk left us with... and holy fuck, is it a piece.

Offline Shiranu

« Reply #2012 on: February 26, 2021, 05:11:15 AM »
Okay one more, because holy fuck I did not know their live sets were so insane.

Online drunkenshoe

« Reply #2013 on: February 26, 2021, 03:53:54 PM »
"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are good people and bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides." Havelock Vetinari

Online drunkenshoe

« Reply #2014 on: February 26, 2021, 05:54:04 PM »
"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are good people and bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides." Havelock Vetinari

« Reply #2015 on: February 26, 2021, 08:00:27 PM »
Nice! Been a while since I heard that

« Reply #2016 on: February 26, 2021, 10:27:50 PM »
… She Moves Across The Room With Easy Grace....
Mona Lisa Smile Upon Her Face

Offline PopeyesPappy

« Reply #2017 on: March 03, 2021, 04:40:01 PM »
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Online Hydra009

« Reply #2018 on: March 03, 2021, 05:16:45 PM »

Offline PopeyesPappy

« Reply #2019 on: March 03, 2021, 06:44:39 PM »
Tony Iommi riffs

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

« Reply #2020 on: March 06, 2021, 01:09:51 PM »
'Into the Void' by Sabbath has such unique, phased and lush sounding guitars.....love it...! So this popped up in my feed and next thing I know I am crying because it is just so hauntingly beautiful..

« Reply #2021 on: March 06, 2021, 02:19:19 PM »
'Into the Void' by Sabbath has such unique, phased and lush sounding guitars.....love it...! So this popped up in my feed and next thing I know I am crying because it is just so hauntingly beautiful..

Wichita Lineman--Glen Campbell; favs of mine.  Love the ballads of Campbell. 

Listened to the lyrics after not listening to the song for awhile--and this is probably not the proper thread to bring this up, but what the hell.  The phrase from the song--'I need you more than want you.'  Is that not a recipe for disaster?  I have found that when I thought I 'needed' somebody, that that could lead to resentment; and that is never good.  I want my wife, but I don't need her.  I would live a good life without her in mine.  But I want her in my life; I enjoy enough about her that I would miss her presence.  No resentment there.  Pure 'want'.  I could grow to resent her, if I needed her in my life for some reason.  Anyway, a stray thought that popped into my mind as I listened.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?

« Reply #2022 on: March 06, 2021, 03:10:42 PM »
Yeah, I never want to need anyone and I don't really want to be needed either, LOL. It's all relative I guess...Back in the day people didn't analyze things that much and most of the really sick shit was hidden.

Those linemen (and a few women as well) are our heroes when they come from afar after a storm and work on those torn-up high tension lines in the heat of the day and in the dead of night. I have been jolted by pin diodes a few times, working on 200VDC and a few mA. Can't imagine being near 40KV at 100s or more Amperes.

« Reply #2023 on: March 06, 2021, 10:57:19 PM »
Wanna hang out with Björk on a Icelandic black sand beach? You can grab the view/360 degree vid and look around...

« Reply #2024 on: March 08, 2021, 05:36:19 PM »
Rock N Roll

"Religions are like fireflies. They require darkness in order to shine." - Arthur Schopenhauer