Author Topic: What are you listening to? Part II (The Revengening)  (Read 66818 times)

Offline Shiranu

Re: What are you listening to? Part II (The Revengening)
« Reply #1245 on: April 08, 2017, 01:27:21 AM »
"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion..." - Nelson Mandela

"There are not two sides to bigotry and there are not two sides to hatred." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

« Reply #1246 on: April 08, 2017, 02:17:22 AM »
Finally getting around to listening to Welcome to Night Vale.  I don't know why it took me so long.  I love it.  It's the News from Lake Wobegon, if it were written by H.P. Lovecraft.  Or maybe the news from Arkham, Massachusetts as read by Garrison Keillor.
Yes!  I love that show!  It's so...weird.  A typical episode will have inane-seeming gossip, some funny/heartwarming stuff, and goddamn nightmare fuel.  Kevin in particular is creepy as fuck.

Kevin: "Their mouths are open. No one has ever seen smiles quite like that. What an interesting way to smile! Their legs are kicking, too, like they’re still trying to dance..."

*shudders*

« Reply #1247 on: April 08, 2017, 02:30:07 AM »

I really like Lacuna Coil, too!

One of my personal favorites:

« Reply #1248 on: April 09, 2017, 01:15:05 PM »

Offline trdsf

« Reply #1249 on: April 10, 2017, 02:08:38 PM »
Goin' for all three albums before quitting time tonight.

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning." -- Calvin and Hobbes
"I thought I committed regicide today, but I committed deicide!" -- Sadie Doyle, Beyond Belief

Offline trdsf

« Reply #1250 on: April 11, 2017, 11:05:47 PM »

Because I had a scare when a bunch of Tom Lehrer stuff turned up in my "you might also be interested" list on Amazon; I thought the Great Lyricist had died.

Thankfully, not.
"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning." -- Calvin and Hobbes
"I thought I committed regicide today, but I committed deicide!" -- Sadie Doyle, Beyond Belief

Offline GrinningYMIR

« Reply #1251 on: April 15, 2017, 06:09:38 PM »
https://m.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"

Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Offline Shiranu

« Reply #1252 on: April 15, 2017, 06:23:07 PM »
https://m.

Just rewatched that episode a night or two ago. So depressing.
"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion..." - Nelson Mandela

"There are not two sides to bigotry and there are not two sides to hatred." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline GrinningYMIR

« Reply #1253 on: April 15, 2017, 07:36:42 PM »
Just rewatched that episode a night or two ago. So depressing.

The entire show is one big existential crisis. If you're lost in the world or in your life it hits harder.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"

Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

« Reply #1254 on: April 15, 2017, 08:36:12 PM »

« Reply #1255 on: April 15, 2017, 08:44:24 PM »

Offline Shiranu

« Reply #1256 on: April 23, 2017, 01:59:06 PM »

Offline Shiranu

« Reply #1257 on: April 25, 2017, 12:00:42 PM »

« Reply #1258 on: April 25, 2017, 05:30:38 PM »
I bet a bunch of you youngsters would like this old ditty:

God Not Found
"I'd watch a Catholic more closely than an atheist if booze was involved. An atheist doesn't have to wonder if it's possible to get drunk on the Blood of Jesus."
Blackleaf

Offline trdsf

« Reply #1259 on: April 27, 2017, 01:32:32 PM »
My musical tastes are not normal.