Author Topic: Rate the latest movie you've seen.  (Read 220419 times)

Offline SGOS

Re: Rate the latest movie you've seen.
« Reply #3375 on: August 17, 2018, 07:38:28 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I like Tommy Lee Jones ... so thumbs up for that.  Recent history is too close for perspective.  We are still in Iraq.
Yes, while the hand writing is on the wall, the final story, and how the US role shapes whatever the outcome is still to be determined.  Many watchers might still be wondering when those WMDs will finally show up.  Ahh, the sweet savor of vindication might pluck us all from despair for a short while.  I suspect years from now, Iraq will be remembered as just another waste of taxpayer money.  Nothing to see here folks.  Just the government wasting money again.  Business as usual.

« Reply #3376 on: August 17, 2018, 07:45:40 AM »
Well, we've run out of wars to examine, so another one coming down the History Dept. pike would be fine.

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Offline Baruch

« Reply #3377 on: August 17, 2018, 01:20:02 PM »
Well, we've run out of wars to examine, so another one coming down the History Dept. pike would be fine.

Sarc?  Or speak for yourself!
שלום

« Reply #3378 on: Today at 04:52:50 PM »
I watched all five Twilight movies because they were free with Amazon Prime and I usually like stories with supernatural characters. I haven't read the books so I didn't realize it was 80% teen melodrama. I found the most unbelievable aspect of the story was that a 100-year-old worldly vampire and a hot werewolf were fighting over such a milquetoast girl. I'm all for adolescent angst (I loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer) but when the main character has zero insight, humor or charm it leaves a dead zone in the middle of the story. I can only assume the point of the main character being so unremarkable was so adolescent girls could easily imagine themselves as the object of desire.
“You are the sky. Everything else – it’s just the weather.”

― Pema Chödrön

Offline SGOS

« Reply #3379 on: Today at 06:40:21 PM »
I watched all five Twilight movies because they were free with Amazon Prime and I usually like stories with supernatural characters. I haven't read the books so I didn't realize it was 80% teen melodrama. I found the most unbelievable aspect of the story was that a 100-year-old worldly vampire and a hot werewolf were fighting over such a milquetoast girl. I'm all for adolescent angst (I loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer) but when the main character has zero insight, humor or charm it leaves a dead zone in the middle of the story. I can only assume the point of the main character being so unremarkable was so adolescent girls could easily imagine themselves as the object of desire.
I did enjoy the first one.  I still do.  In the second one I was taken off guard by the appearance of the werewolves, and that was a fun surprise.  After that, the whole thing just seemed to drag on and on until I felt like I wanted to vomit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk