Author Topic: TV Series Thread  (Read 92591 times)

Online Hydra009

Re: TV Series Thread
« Reply #885 on: October 21, 2020, 03:00:47 PM »
I finally got around to watch The Boys series. I'm in first season, ep 5. I loved it so far. I didn't expect that honestly. Finally, a realistic superhero show in a realistic world.
It depresses me just how realistic a lot of it is.  Everything is marketing and branding.  Those marketers are the true villains imo.

I'm going to marry Billy when I grow up and Homelander is one of the scariest, creepist villain I've ever seen. *Shudders.

Online Hydra009

« Reply #886 on: October 21, 2020, 03:13:06 PM »
Apparently, Primal is still on Season 1. I don't get how seasons are numbered. What determines what is the end of one season and the beginning of the next? You'd think a pretty lengthy break in production would constitute a shift in seasons, but no. Some shows have no breaks in between, but they still split that time into seasons. I don't get it.
It's completely arbitrary.  Traditionally, it used to signify a break in production, but nowadays that's not necessarily the case.  And from the audience's perspective, there are often breaks within a season, so for example, you can get the first half of season 4, wait a few months, then get the second half of season 4.

Also, the number of episodes per season seems to vary tremendously, from a mere 6 episodes to dozens.

Offline drunkenshoe

« Reply #887 on: October 22, 2020, 05:28:25 AM »
It depresses me just how realistic a lot of it is.  Everything is marketing and branding.  Those marketers are the true villains imo.

Oh yeah... It's very good. Add that all the governments and the international deep shit in real life... Did you see the show they made with Kripke and a few of the cast? Apparently, some groups complained because Liberty is a woman. LOL

Lololol. Exactly. Have I mentioned that I been single for over a decade now. Seriously.
"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are good people and bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides." Havelock Vetinari

Offline drunkenshoe

« Reply #888 on: October 22, 2020, 09:55:44 AM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are good people and bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides." Havelock Vetinari

Offline drunkenshoe

« Reply #889 on: October 22, 2020, 01:37:32 PM »
I got the 30 day trial for Amazon Prime, to see the new stuff, right? If I like it, I'll buy it because there is new stuff. I watch The Boys, I like it and let's see what else they have. Then I see they have Buffy. Bam! I start watching Buffy and warm up to get the vendor. I'm so easy.