ISIS beheaded the missing journalist from USA

Started by StupidWiz, August 20, 2014, 07:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Giordano Bruno

Jihadi butchers! He actually hacked that guy’s head off with a short bladed knife. How sick can you get?  I did not see the video, and just as well, because from what I have heard it was not quick, but slow, ugly and graphically violent. Just one more gruesome example of religion bringing out the very worst in people. 
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

Berati

Quote from: Brian37 on August 20, 2014, 10:39:20 AM
And in the dark ages, anyone challenging the church were put in prison or tortured to death.

This is where all of you are going off the rails.

You think you're fighting discrimination by pointing out that christians were just as bad, but this is not about discrimination it's about violent murder.

If during WWII someone was complaining that Hitler was a monster, how does it help to point out that Genghis Khan was a monster as well?? Do you think prior crimes mitigate current crimes? Do you think two wrongs make a right?
While you may think you're taking the moral high ground all you're really doing is sweeping some new atrocities under the table so you can feel good about yourselves and show everyone just how non racist you are. This is not about racism, it's about violent murder. Stay on topic for fucks sake.

Quote from: Shiranu on August 20, 2014, 12:55:59 PM
I'll take beheading any day to some of the tools the Catholics and English came up with...
Nice thing to tell the mother of a son who just had his head sawed off by a crazy person.

You may not be callous and insensitive people but you're being callous and insensitive to those whose whose family members have been gruesomely executed.

I'll be off grid for a few days so I don't have time to point out why it's incorrect to blame every murderous action taken by islamic extremists on other nations foreign policy, but if you really think about it honestly you'll probably figure it out on your own.

Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

Shiranu

QuoteYou may not be callous and insensitive people but you're being callous and insensitive to those whose whose family members have been gruesomely executed.

Yeah, and I don't plan on going up to any of their family members and telling them, "Hey, it could always be worse!".

Why don't you worry about people who have alot more serious shit to say about him and who might actually be heard by his family? That seems like a more productive use of time than bitching that someone made a passing remark on a random internet thread that no one will see.

Quote...but if you really think about it honestly you'll probably figure it out on your own.

Okay. No one is blaming every action on the West, but I am sure if anyone pops in here and sees that they will be more than capable of prove you right.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Berati

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on August 21, 2014, 01:59:45 PM
As opposed to what? Treating them like crap and meddling with their affairs? Yes, that worked soooo well last time and the time before that and the time before that.
As opposed to a knee jerk, blame the west for every terrible thing going on in the middle east. 

Quote"Islamic apologetics" is a buzzword created by the right to salve their guilt in having to acknowledge that the west's hands aren't lily white clean in this affair, and railing against people trying to keep them from using the same tired strategy of righteous retaliation that has been failing the whole time (and parallels the response of the people they are railing against). Seriously, the best thing we can do for them now is leave them the fuck alone, and if it weren't for their oil that's precisely what we would be doing.

Islamic apologetics is just like christian apologetics. It's making excuses for barbaric behavior. This has nothing to do with racism or with liberal vs conservative views. When it comes to religion, extremists count on the free pass that religion gets. Don't give it to them.

We've just see two videos of islamic nut jobs brutally murdering bound people and the responses so far are like this 'Fucking Americans' and 'Christians were even worse'.  Both lines of thinking here are off the mark and off topic.

I completely agree that we should leave them alone...as much as possible, but complete isolation isn't possible. There are thousands and thousands of people facing imminent death thanks to ISYS and that has nothing to do with any other nations foreign policy. It has everything to do with Islamic doctrine. Is it so hard to admit that?

I'm sure you've seen the media reports of all the Kurds, Christians, Shiite Muslims (anyone not Sunni) hiding in the mountains with their families. And I'm sure you know that thousands have already been killed. Well, if they were fleeing a natural disaster I'm sure you would want to help, but if they're  fleeing a homicidal religious group then... sucks to be them?
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

Shiranu

Quote...and the responses so far are like this 'Fucking Americans' and 'Christians were even worse'.

And you continue to read things no one has posted. Go figure.

If your going to keep posting, at least use what people are saying here instead of arguing with posts you are reading from another forum. That is the only logical conclusion to why you keep repeating stuff that no is saying. Maybe check your tabs, you might accidentally be switching between the two forums.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Berati

Quote from: Shiranu on August 22, 2014, 10:28:23 AM
Yeah, and I don't plan on going up to any of their family members and telling them, "Hey, it could always be worse!".

Why don't you worry about people who have alot more serious shit to say about him and who might actually be heard by his family? That seems like a more productive use of time than bitching that someone made a passing remark on a random internet thread that no one will see.
It was a misguided passing remark and I pointed it out. Am I not allowed to criticize and move the conversation back to the topic in the OP. A religious nut job hacking a persons head off?

Okay. No one is blaming every action on the West, but I am sure if anyone pops in here and sees that they will be more than capable of prove you right.
And yet when ISYS, guided by Islamic principals, is attempting to establish a caliphate through violence and terrorism just as their prophet did (i.e. beheadings and terrorism) the ONLY response other than mine was to blame the west and let everyone know that christians were just as bad. Sorry, how could I have possibly thought that no one was blaming every action on the West. :confused2:
Carl Sagan

josephpalazzo

ISIS miscalculated big times. Now, Obama who was reluctant in the past to engage in military conflict has no choice but to use US military power after this international outrage. If ISIS wanted the US to disengage they went the wrong way. This offers Obama a chance to leave a legacy before leaving a second term that was going nowhere.

Berati

Quote from: Shiranu on August 22, 2014, 10:48:36 AM
And you continue to read things no one has posted. Go figure.

If your going to keep posting, at least use what people are saying here instead of arguing with posts you are reading from another forum. That is the only logical conclusion to why you keep repeating stuff that no is saying. Maybe check your tabs, you might accidentally be switching between the two forums.
I'm not making up anything. I'm pointing out what has been said.

QuoteAnd in the dark ages, anyone challenging the church were put in prison or tortured to death.
Quotewhat they had Foley say is technically true, that this is the United States fault...

Carl Sagan

Shiranu

QuoteAnd in the dark ages, anyone challenging the church were put in prison or tortured to death.

Yes, a statement on how religion never changes.

Wooooow, you sure got us there! By pointing out that religion can be just as bad as it was in the Dark Ages, which was pretty shit-tier, we REAAAALY gave IS the pass on that one!

Quotewhat they had Foley say is technically true, that this is the United States fault...

Correct, it is technically true, as I have already pointed out in that we both founded the organization that became IS as well as left Iraq a complete train wreck ripe for groups like this to exploit.

Here's the thing; just because something is technically true doesn't mean that the blood is washed off your hands. It just means you have a valid point, even if you are still completely and utterly wrong about whatever else you are doing.

Edit: Was going to leave this be, but it was just at the head of my facebook and felt very appropriate.

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2014/8/james-foley-did-notdieinvain.html?utm_content=opinion&utm_campaign=ajam&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=SocialFlow

If that wasn't simple enough for you to grasp, I guess we will have to call this one a "draw". You were dead wrong on your first point and intentionally misreading everything everyone has said, so I think I am done here. Only ruining my impression of you as an otherwise decent poster :\. Later.

Shiranu

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 22, 2014, 10:52:49 AM
ISIS miscalculated big times. Now, Obama who was reluctant in the past to engage in military conflict has no choice but to use US military power after this international outrage. If ISIS wanted the US to disengage they went the wrong way. This offers Obama a chance to leave a legacy before leaving a second term that was going nowhere.

The only thing I am thinking is that ISIS might not care; this is a chance to get to kill themselves some more heathens. They wouldn't be the first nutjobs to accept being "martyrs".

SGOS

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 22, 2014, 10:52:49 AM
If ISIS wanted the US to disengage they went the wrong way. This offers Obama a chance to leave a legacy before leaving a second term that was going nowhere.
I think ISIS has no desire for the US to disengage.  I don't know this, of course.  It's just a gut feeling.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Berati on August 22, 2014, 10:37:41 AM
As opposed to a knee jerk, blame the west for every terrible thing going on in the middle east.
How is the fact that we have been using less-than-legitimate means of shaping these countries to be oil producers and little else, and they didn't like that (something that has been known for a long time and has been willfully perpetrated by us) "knee jerk"?

How is recognizing that we bear some of the blame for what's going on the same as blaming the west for "every terrible thing" going on there?

This is exactly the same shit you pulled in the smoking thread. It didn't wash there, and it won't here.

Islamic apologetics is just like christian apologetics. It's making excuses for barbaric behavior.
Who is making excuses for barbaric behavior? Me? Shinaru? Oh, that's right, NO ONE! Furthermore, speaking of barbaric behavior, why are you focused on the Middle East's barbarism? What about our own barbaric behavior?

This has nothing to do with racism or with liberal vs conservative views. When it comes to religion, extremists count on the free pass that religion gets. Don't give it to them.
Again, we are not giving them a free pass. On the other hand, that extends to us as well: we don't get a free pass from our own barbarism (Guantanimo, anyone?). "Islamic apologetics" is, in fact, a buzzword used by the right to distract from the fact that, as bad the Islamic world is, what they do is not done without a fuckload of provocation. We have messed with the politics of the region for a good half-century or more, carving up their region like a turkey, manipulating their countries so that we are ensured a steady oil stream (the actual welfare of the country is completely secondary to this), put unelected and often ruthless dictators in charge, and waged war on them.

ANYONE would have been angered by what we have done there. So why are you so shocked that, when those particular angry people you piss off happen to believe that death is a good punishment for such actions, that they actually wage violence on you?

We've just see two videos of islamic nut jobs brutally murdering bound people and the responses so far are like this 'Fucking Americans' and 'Christians were even worse'.  Both lines of thinking here are off the mark and off topic.
'Fucking Americans' and 'Christians were even worse' are not words that have been said by any person in this thread, or even is a fair description of their gist. At worst, Brian37 was pointing out that Islam does not have a monopoly on human cruelty, and Shinaru saying that the US is to blame â€" by which I assume from what he said later, to blame for the situation, not for Foley's execution in particular.

I completely agree that we should leave them alone...as much as possible, but complete isolation isn't possible. There are thousands and thousands of people facing imminent death thanks to ISYS and that has nothing to do with any other nations foreign policy. It has everything to do with Islamic doctrine. Is it so hard to admit that?
No. ISIS is responsible, as far as it is responsible, for what it has done. But we are responsible for the mess that gave birth to ISIS.

I'm sure you've seen the media reports of all the Kurds, Christians, Shiite Muslims (anyone not Sunni) hiding in the mountains with their families. And I'm sure you know that thousands have already been killed. Well, if they were fleeing a natural disaster I'm sure you would want to help, but if they're  fleeing a homicidal religious group then... sucks to be them?
Go fuck yourself. Of course we help them. But we need to do so in a way that helps them solve their own problems and be able to stand on their own. We have to admit to ourselves that we can't nation build them out of their cycle of violence. The Kurds, Christians, Shiite Muslims, etc have to do that themselves.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

baronvonrort

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on August 22, 2014, 06:25:46 PM

"Islamic apologetics" is, in fact, a buzzword used by the right

But we are responsible for the mess that gave birth to ISIS.

Can we say Islamophobia is a buzzword used by leftists?

Of course the leftists like to stick up for Islam yet all other religions are fair game to them, if you are an apologist for a religion you deserve to be branded an apologist.

Are Americans responsible for this as well, is this the Islam the leftards are so keen to defend?
QuoteIn 13 countries around the world,all of them muslim,people who openly espouse atheism or reject the official state religion of Islam face execution under the law.
www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/10/us-religion-atheists-idUSBRE9B900G20131210
I thought this was an atheist forum, why do leftists defend this idiocy?

The problem is,as long as Islam is around,people might actually read the texts and start taking them seriously, that is how this Islamic state was created.

Can we blame the USA for al Shaabab in Somalia, what about Boko Haram in Nigeria is that Americas fault as well?

baronvonrort

Quote from: Solitary on August 21, 2014, 12:02:53 AM
6,000+ years of two religions of peace and the followers of one are still in the Dark ages with the First Testament and an insane prophet,

Where do you get the 6000+ years from,Islam has only been around for 1400 years.

Is this how the muslims achieved peace-
QuoteThe messenger of Allah said-
I will expel the jews and christian from the Arabian peninsula and will not leave any but muslim.
sunnah.com/muslim/32/75

baronvonrort

Quote from: Shiranu on August 21, 2014, 04:09:13 PM

IS is an extremist branch off of Al Qaeda, an organization trained and funded by the American government during the very late 80s and early 90s to combat the "Communist threat". It's entire existence is because of the CIA,

And as HR said, "Islamist Apologist" is a right-wing buzzword, dog-whistle load of horse shit. Please don't bring yourself down by using that drivel.

Islamophobia is a leftist buzzword used by Islamic apologists and Political Islam, the leftists are aligned with Political Islam is using this buzzword.

The Pakistan ISI played a huge role in the creation of the Afghan Mujahideen, they even gave Bin Laden a place to stay until a seal team came in and whacked him.

Are the dumbfuckistanis totally ignorant of the role the Pakistan ISI played in creating these groups?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inter-Services_Intelligence_activities_in_Afghanistan

quran.com/47/4