The Bible is BS, according to the Library of Congress

Started by Atheon, August 20, 2014, 02:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atheon

According to the Library of Congress classification outline for call numbers starting with "B" (encompassing philosophy, psychology, and religion), the Bible has its own specific code.

That code is "BS"!!

http://www.loc.gov/aba/cataloging/classification/lcco/lcco_b.pdf
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Minimalist

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

SGOS

I have to think that this isn't just coincidence.  I'll bet some devilish librarian came up with that as a  impish joke.  And no one has noticed it until now.

Brian37

Quote from: Atheon on August 20, 2014, 02:24:12 PM
According to the Library of Congress classification outline for call numbers starting with "B" (encompassing philosophy, psychology, and religion), the Bible has its own specific code.

That code is "BS"!!

http://www.loc.gov/aba/cataloging/classification/lcco/lcco_b.pdf

Well you cant say government never gets anything right.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Desdinova

Quote from: SGOS on August 20, 2014, 07:10:18 PM
I have to think that this isn't just coincidence.  I'll bet some devilish librarian came up with that as a  impish joke.  And no one has noticed it until now.

I have a cousin who's a librarian.  He's definitely not the stereotypical bookish nerd.  I could see someone doing this.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate