News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Islamic State

Started by PickelledEggs, August 08, 2014, 10:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

It seems now that ISIS is turning out to be a much formidable enemy than Al-Qaeda. And if it does attain its goal, it will completely destablize the ME and as such, poses a greater threat. It's irrelevant at this point that the US messed up under Bush, or that the European powers were out of their depth after WW1 in carving out that region. And I don't think the region is ready for democracy (Egypt, Lybia, and Iraq are a dysmal reminder of that failing experience). And so the US will have to seek some allies, ironically Russia and Iran, as both of these countries have vital interests over there. The sacrifial lamb will have to be Ukraine - the US should approach the Russians and let them know we are not interested in getting Ukraine into Nato, same thing with the Europeans. Perhaps one day the Ukrainians will free themselves of the Russian dole, but right now we have bigger fish to fry.

leo

Those Muslims are barbarians. Those fuckers live in the middle ages. Islam the religion of peace my ass. This religion is VERY dangerous.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Munch

Islam accounts itself for trying to convince the poor and ignorant they are a religion of peace. And those who don't fall for their bullshit while they rape and kill their own daughters are given the suicide bomber treatment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxlO7DLC6p8
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

StupidWiz

Also the one who tries to criticize it will be labeled as racist and "Islamophobe." It's actually a good strategy for them to invent this word btw, probably trying to hitch ride on LGBT movement. (O hey look homophobes are being despised, maybe we can use that as well to get as much sympathy like the gays do, and to shame and silence those annoying critics who tries to reveal the true face of our peaceful religion)
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

Desdinova

Quote from: StupidWiz on August 14, 2014, 11:53:36 AM
Also the one who tries to criticize it will be labeled as racist and "Islamophobe." It's actually a good strategy for them to invent this word btw, probably trying to hitch ride on LGBT movement. (O hey look homophobes are being despised, maybe we can use that as well to get as much sympathy like the gays do, and to shame and silence those annoying critics who tries to reveal the true face of our peaceful religion)

I can't understand why progressives don't attack Islam.  Is there a sense that the people holding to these beliefs are oppressed?
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Munch

Quote from: Desdinova on August 14, 2014, 12:07:57 PM
I can't understand why progressives don't attack Islam.  Is there a sense that the people holding to these beliefs are oppressed?

Yes, very much so, infact the major religions of christianity and islam are crying out intolerance to anyone now criticizing them, not just claiming they are victims of persecution, but even making movies about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3eqxKNhmT8

I find it quite staggering. The most major religious groups with countless drones serving it across the world, groups that have spread persecution and hatred and violence in all the countries their faith grows in, with a 99-1 percent of people actually calling them on their bullshit, and THEY are the ones who act like they are the victims.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Munch on August 14, 2014, 06:31:31 PM
Yes, very much so, infact the major religions of christianity and islam are crying out intolerance to anyone now criticizing them, not just claiming they are victims of persecution, but even making movies about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3eqxKNhmT8

I find it quite staggering. The most major religious groups with countless drones serving it across the world, groups that have spread persecution and hatred and violence in all the countries their faith grows in, with a 99-1 percent of people actually calling them on their bullshit, and THEY are the ones who act like they are the victims.

LMAO

One of my not-friends on facebook just posted a status "God's not dead" (probably in response from seeing my post about how I was preached to at work and was frustrated about it)

I'm really tempted to ask him "which god?" as a comment, but I know that's not going to do me any good...

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on August 12, 2014, 01:55:32 PM

No, we're not jaded, its just imagery that has become all too prevalent in the modern world.

I had to think about that for a minute but I reckon you're right.  And the implications of that idea are profoundly saddening....

Quote from: Desdinova on August 14, 2014, 12:07:57 PM

Religion is just like Stockholm Syndrome....