News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any other republicans here?

Started by Corporate36, December 08, 2014, 05:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caseagainstfaith

Quote from: stromboli on December 12, 2014, 03:15:23 PM
So simply by labeling himself as a republican he is automatically a prick, an asshole or whatever? I've been on this forum 5 years. In that time we have had all kinds, from troubled teens to wackjob religionists to whatever, but I have never seen anyone so blatantly attacked just for stating his political leanings.

A lot of the anti Republican posts in this thread don't seem to be explicitly directed to the OP.  But, I supposed some of them were. And the OP, if he were to read them, might think of all of them as being directed to him.  I confess, I have a lot of anger towards how USA has changed.  And I blame the majority of those problems on conservatives.  Some might say that they don't get all the blame.  Inactive liberals are also to blame, etc.  But, well, I really detest the Republican party.  I'm sorry, but I do.

Still, you are right that we should be reasonably welcoming.  This is, as you said, an atheist forum, not politics forum.  Though politics certainly do come up.

Quote from: MarineWarrior on December 12, 2014, 08:50:29 AM
  Being a former Marine I'll probably always agree with defense spending, especially given the perception globally of America.

Actually, global perception of USA is a reason to DISAGREE with defense spending.  We spent more and more money on defense, and hated more and more.  So, we should spend even more???
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

Mike Cl

Quote from: caseagainstfaith on December 12, 2014, 05:17:14 PM
  I confess, I have a lot of anger towards how USA has changed.  And I blame the majority of those problems on conservatives.  Some might say that they don't get all the blame.  Inactive liberals are also to blame, etc.  But, well, I really detest the Republican party.  I'm sorry, but I do.

Took the words right out of my mouth! 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?