3 Years In Prison For Insulting the Catholic church

Started by Jmpty, February 22, 2013, 03:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathias

Quote from: "Colanth"
Quote from: "Mathias"The Council of Ephesus,held in 431, taught that Mary is truly the mother of god, since she gave birth to the second person of the trinity, who became man for our (their) sake...
Which, of course, was much more apparent 430 years after the fact than it was to Paul, who lived at the time.

Christianity has all of the characteristics of a cult with one exception - it's the majority belief in the West.

What's more impressive is that the characteristics of this cult still remaining in full force in the XXI century.
"There is no logic in the existence of any god".
Myself.

Colanth

Quote from: "Mathias"
Quote from: "Mathias"The Council of Ephesus,held in 431, taught that Mary is truly the mother of god, since she gave birth to the second person of the trinity, who became man for our (their) sake...
Which, of course, was much more apparent 430 years after the fact than it was to Paul, who lived at the time.

Christianity has all of the characteristics of a cult with one exception - it's the majority belief in the West.

What's more impressive is that the characteristics of this cult still remaining in full force in the XXI century.
Considering the average human intelligence (which is barely more than the average chimpanzee intelligence), that's not very impressive.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

BarkAtTheMoon

Quote from: "Mathias"What's more impressive is that the characteristics of this cult still remaining in full force in the XXI century.
Considering the average human intelligence (which is barely more than the average chimpanzee intelligence), that's not very impressive.

[youtube:asit9zlq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rh6qqsmxNs[/youtube:asit9zlq]
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

Mathias

Quote from: "Colanth"Considering the average human intelligence (which is barely more than the average chimpanzee intelligence), that's not very impressive.

I think you're being a little pessimistic about it. Human beings didn't evolve socially compared to their intelligence, which is much more developed than other species.
"There is no logic in the existence of any god".
Myself.

ApostateLois

QuoteJesus was NOT merely a compilation of other god/savior myths. Sure, he did a few relatively common mythological actions, but that's about it.

Yeah, like being a half-god, half-man hybrid that resulted from a god fucking a mortal human woman. I'm sure we've never seen THAT before.  :roll: And how about doing miracles such as turning water into wine? Bacchus never did that shit, did he?

For some reason, Bacchus/Dionysus is often depicted as being very effeminate in appearance, and so is Jesus. Don't know if there is a connection or not, but it is interesting. Do people just like their saviors to be girly-men, or what?
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

Colanth

It comes from the fact that these "demigods" were actually female (a woman can't clone a male child).  They really existed in ancient times.  The people who painted pictures of them masculinized them, but they still look feminine.

(Hey, if theists can make shit up, so can I.)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.