ISIS beheaded the missing journalist from USA

Started by StupidWiz, August 20, 2014, 07:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

Quote from: SGOS on August 25, 2014, 11:11:06 AM
Our memories are short.  I'm not sure THAT short, but short.  NPR did a piece on the Foley beheading.  At least one guest said that overall as a national security issue, that incident won't have much impact.  It's only one guy in a world filled with violence.  But I think it is something that could be used to whip the public into a war frenzy if the government wanted.  But certainly, wars have been started over less.  And 10 or 20 years down the road, after the public begins to get bored with peace and the next generation doesn't remember the last pointless war, it would almost be a certain issue that would get us back in up to our necks.  I would think at this time, the public would at least be cautious about getting back in.  Not to say the public couldn't be manipulated, but it won't be as easy for Obama as it was for George Bush.

As you've mentioned, a lot will ride on Obama. He used some very harsh words to condemn ISIS. Is that an indication that these words are going to be backed up with actions, or will it be another "don't cross  the threshold line" as he warned Syria last year and then no follow-up? But then, there were a lot of negative feedback from the population, which isn't there in this time around. I don't see foot soldiers as in 2003 except perhaps a small number of "advisers", but if Obama means what he said this time, I can see an escalation in bombings and drone attacks. And this will necessarily drag the US into Syria.

baronvonrort

Quote from: Munch on August 25, 2014, 11:43:46 AM
Not only is the uk a mix racial country, but it has in it people from other countries who came over to here, live off of the uks benefits, and yet preach hatred for westerners and support of sharia law in the uk, all while under the uks protection.

I'm certain if Allah existed he'd see them as pathetic cowards.

The Australian defence forces have a total of 98 muslims.
Estimates of Australian muslims fighting in Syria and Iraq are over 150, several Aussie muslims have been killed while doing "humanitarian work" in Syria and Iraq.

2 Aussie muslims who were given a disability pension because they were unable to work have posted pictures online holding severed heads, when it comes to Jihad they have a strong work ethic.
Our government is cutting these Jihadis off welfare if they leave the country.

Munch

I just want to make it clear I have nothing at all against people from any other country coming here to the uk, to go to university, to get a stable job and help the economy here, and to just help and become a valid member of the uk as they would choose, I'm good with all of that and welcome people of have the integrity and open mindedness to do so.

Its just when you have militant muslims coming here to the uk preaching their religious hate, all while under the protection of the UKs standards that I want to kick these assholes back to their own violent country, a country they turned to shit because all those like them couldn't evolve fast enough. I know america and even the uk military has done shit over there to, but coming to a country you apparently hate and preaching your hate speeches against that same country should have you kicked off the cliffs of dover
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm a bit amused by the pretence ISIS is the worse group EVER, EVER, EVER! Toss in a few more evers and it'll be almost biblical kind of like burning in hell forever and ever and ever and ever....

CNN BREAKING NEWS! ISIS wants to kill the pope! Toss another EVER log on the fire..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Shiranu

[
Quote from: baronvonrort on August 25, 2014, 09:34:25 PM
The Australian defence forces have a total of 98 muslims.
Estimates of Australian muslims fighting in Syria and Iraq are over 150, several Aussie muslims have been killed while doing "humanitarian work" in Syria and Iraq.

Amazing what posting random numbers without context can do to try to make your argument fit your agenda. Let's see how it looks when your put it into context...

So let me get this straight... 98 people out of 58,000 is suppose to make us say, "Curses! Those Muslims won't fight for us!".
Yet 150+ out of 382,000 is suppose to make us say, "LOOK! LOOK AT ALL THE MUSLIM JIHADISTS! DAMN EXTREMISTS!!!"

Let me put some math out for you...

98 out of 58,000 is 0.17%.
150 out of 382,000 is 0.04%.

Now, consider this; the U.S. military is composed of only 30% minorities (the majority of African American decent) and only 11% come from the lower class. Assuming Australia is similar, and there is no reason to believe it isn't, why would anyone be surprised that Muslims are a minority? Even in the U.S. military, all "alternative" religions to Christianity make up a grand total of 6.2% of the military population... that includes Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism and Bah'i.

Regardless of race or religion, the military are not a minority dominated field. Muslims hardly have a monopoly on not joining.

Quote2 Aussie muslims who were given a disability pension because they were unable to work have posted pictures online holding severed heads, when it comes to Jihad they have a strong work ethic.
Our government is cutting these Jihadis off welfare if they leave the country.

If you consider 0.04% of Australian Muslims going to be "Jihadists" indicative that the majority of Australian Muslims are therefor "hard-working Jihadists", it is quite clear to see (besides your plethora of other bullshit) that you might have just a wee bit of a bias.

-I would wager more that 0.04% of white people steal, which therefor proves that white people have a strong theft work ethic.'
-I would wager that more than 0.04% of Jewish people drink, which therefor proves that Jews are heavy alcoholics.
-Etc. Etc.

See how ridiculous that argument makes you sound?

As for your final line; good for them. Apparently not all Aussies are complete idiots.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on August 29, 2014, 02:25:12 PMI'm a bit amused by the pretence ISIS is the worse group EVER, EVER, EVER!
Well, they're definitely up there.

Quote from: wikiISIS had close links to al-Qaeda until February 2014, when after an eight-month power struggle, al-Qaeda cut all ties with the group, reportedly for its brutality and "notorious intractability."
Source

They're both pretty bad, and to be sure, al-Qaeda would likely do virtually everything ISIS is currently doing if it had the chance.  But unlike Al-Qaeda, ISIS operates more as a paramilitary force with a penchant for genocide than a terrorist organization.

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm getting to the point I believe almost nothing I see on TV.. Now CNN is reporting "The ISIS laptop of DOOM was found.."
Really? The laptop of doom? I'm pretty sure they're already kidnapping white Christian babies from Texas to put on the rockets to fire at persecuted Christians in Syria.. ..

Solitary

And now for some more fun news:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ISIS+laptop+of+DOOM&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

QuoteThe laptop's contents turn out to be a treasure trove of documents that provide ideological justifications for jihadi organizations -- and practical training on how to carry out the Islamic State's deadly campaigns. They include videos of Osama bin Laden, manuals on how to make bombs, instructions for stealing cars, and lessons on how to use disguises in order to avoid getting arrested while traveling from one jihadi hot spot to another.

But after hours upon hours of scrolling through the documents, it became clear that the ISIS laptop contains more than the typical propaganda and instruction manuals used by jihadists. The documents also suggest that the laptop's owner was teaching himself about the use of biological weaponry, in preparation for a potential attack that would have shocked the world.

The information on the laptop makes clear that its owner is a Tunisian national named Muhammed S. who joined ISIS in Syria and who studied chemistry and physics at two universities in Tunisia's northeast. Even more disturbing is how he planned to use that education:

The ISIS laptop contains a 19-page document in Arabic on how to develop biological weapons and how to weaponize the bubonic plague from infected animals.

"The advantage of biological weapons is that they do not cost a lot of money, while the human casualties can be huge," the document states.

The document includes instructions for how to test the weaponized disease safely, before it is used in a terrorist attack. "When the microbe is injected in small mice, the symptoms of the disease should start to appear within 24 hours," the document says.

The laptop also includes a 26-page fatwa, or Islamic ruling, on the usage of weapons of mass destruction. "If Muslims cannot defeat the kafir [unbelievers] in a different way, it is permissible to use weapons of mass destruction," states the fatwa by Saudi jihadi cleric Nasir al-Fahd, who is currently imprisoned in Saudi Arabia. "Even if it kills all of them and wipes them and their descendants off the face of the Earth."

When contacted by phone, a staff member at a Tunisian university listed on Muhammed's exam papers confirmed that he indeed studied chemistry and physics there. She said the university lost track of him after 2011, however.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Shiranu

Quote...states the fatwa by Saudi jihadi cleric Nasir al-Fahd, who is currently imprisoned in Saudi Arabia.

You know someone is an extremist when even Saudi Arabia is like, "Woah... dude... you went too far with that.".
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

AllPurposeAtheist

Yeah, but.... They're still more popular than us evil fucking atheists..  Fuck! We need a bigger clique..

AllPurposeAtheist

Gubnit just raised threat level to: Expect to piss in pants which according to analyst is one level below actually pissing in pants which is in turn below prepare to shit pants which is below threat level RUN TO NEAREST TOILET!

Solitary

Quote from: baronvonrort on August 23, 2014, 02:13:23 AM
Where do you get the 6000+ years from,Islam has only been around for 1400 years.

Is this how the muslims achieved peace-

"According to Islam the Muslim faith was on the face of the earth since the first man put his foot on earth. I mean from the time Adam came to the earth was the time when Islam started."

"Muhammed was not the one who started islam. Adam Jesus Moses Abraham Muhammed and other prophets did what God wanted. and the one who does what God wants is called a Muslim." I would say it it is the same with Christianity starting with Adam and Eve since they both believe in the same God..
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

St Giordano Bruno

You would be hard pressed to find anyone who approves in such "snuff videos", (videos depicting actual murders). Unless of course they believe in a higher being which approves of them.  That is IMO where the very very worst atrocities are perpetrated, simply because their deluded belief in a higher supernatural being that gives them his stamp of approval.   
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"