Another addition to my "Videos Theists Should Watch" playlist.

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, August 07, 2014, 01:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

I've always had a serious man-crush on Hemant Mehta, and videos like this just keep reinforcing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V5ee1M4Slg
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Desdinova

"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Solitary

He is a very good looking guy! Thanks for the video! If someone watches the video and still has faith they are an idiot.  :wall:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Drummer Guy

I only count 7 good arguments in this video.

1.  Bad argument, he's wrong.  There is evidence, it's just not compelling.  In court, personal testimony counts as evidence in a case, even when each side has conflicting eye witnesses.  Saying "There is no evidence" just misunderstands what evidence is.

2. Good argument.  This is the problem of evil, which is a classic argument against a loving god.

3. Bad argument.  He doesn't understand the theology of the mythological flood account.  Even if it were a valid point, it's not an argument against god.

4. Bad argument, he doesn't understand ancient literature and how not all texts are intended to be a scientific statement.  (The creationists have the same problem.)

5. Good argument.  I agree that prayer amounts to a placebo effect.

6. Bad argument.  This isn't an argument against the existence of god.  I think it's a good point to make, but not an argument for the non-existence of god.

7. Good argument.  The geographic distribution of belief is a good point to make when considering if people have found the truth.

8. Bad argument.  It's not even an argument.  It's a question.

9. This is a repeat of number 2, which was a good argument, but still just a repeat.

10. Bad argument.  This seems to be his opinion of how it should work.  Some philosophers would disagree.

11. Good argument.

12. Good argument against the Christian god, I often question why the bible wouldn't explicitly say that slavery is wrong.

13. It's funny, I assume he's joking.

14. This is a good argument.  Reminds me of Theology and Falsification by Anthony Flew (which you should read if you haven't, it's only like 5 paragraphs long)

15. This isn't an argument, just his opinion on something.

16+17. Good arguments.  These are pretty much the same argument. 

18. Bad argument.  It may be a good point but it's not an argument against god's existence.

19. This is a repeat of 14

20. This is not an argument.

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Desdinova

Quote from: Drummer Guy on August 08, 2014, 03:59:27 PM
I only count 7 good arguments in this video.

Ah, but the title is "20 Argument's Against God's Existence"  not "20 Good Argument's Against God's Existence"
"How long will we be
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Drummer Guy

Quote from: Desdinova on August 08, 2014, 04:26:49 PM

Ah, but the title is "20 Argument's Against God's Existence"  not "20 Good Argument's Against God's Existence"
Touche

Though some were the same argument repeated in different ways, and some weren't really arguments at all.

Desdinova

Quote from: Drummer Guy on August 08, 2014, 05:14:46 PM
Touche

Though some were the same argument repeated in different ways, and some weren't really arguments at all.

Agreed.
"How long will we be
  -Disturbed, Liberate

doorknob

I love the friendly atheist

he's not bad on the eyes either.

I also like MrRepzion too. He's a little young for me but still nice looking.

not that, that matters. I'd still follow them either way.

I do watch the amazing atheist but I dislike him as he tends to be an asshole. Still he does have some hilarious videos.

Tons of atheists on youtube.

also every one's favorite darkmatter2525  but I wasn't sure if I even needed to mention him as I feel like every one should know him.

ApostateLois

Only a few are really arguments against the existence of God. Others are more like arguments against the existence of a loving God. One could argue that God exists, but he's just a great big douchenozzle.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"