News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Greetings from all over the place

Started by Anonymous, February 15, 2013, 12:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I'm an asshat, brother to buttfinger.  I say greeting from all over the place because I am currently serving my third tour in the deserts of the Middle East and move every few years as the army sees fit.  I am visiting from TU where I am a moderator.  I have plenty of time to have discussions as being online is literally part of my job in the army.  I am a network technician and if the internets go down we have to quickly fix it as teh whole communications network could be down putting lives in danger.  I find no better way to do my job than discuss things with my fellow atheists and some creationists as well.

stromboli

Welcome. My son is a first sergeant who did two tours in Iraq and one in Aghanistan, the last two riding around in a Cougar/MRAP. The Army is kicking him out with a full medical for injuries sustained and PTSD. Take care of yourself.

Thumpalumpacus

Lordy, the whole crew is visiting over here, eh?
<insert witty aphorism here>

Fidel_Castronaut

lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

aitm

QuoteI'm an asshat, brother to buttfinger.

I dare say in 50 some odd years that that is the first time I have ever had the pleasure of ready a sentence quite like that.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

wolf39us

Weltfrieden

Don't let their usernames or the disaster that happened here earlier mislead you. They are both great people and I have learned a lot from both of them over the years; even if they are a bit stubborn at times. Just took off on the wrong foot and people from both communities got on the defensive very quickly. I've not seen anything remotely like this from either of them in the 5 years I've known them so it's clearly just the product of miscommunication.

antediluvian

Quote from: "Rasputin"Don't let their usernames or the disaster that happened here earlier mislead you. They are both great people and I have learned a lot from both of them over the years; even if they are a bit stubborn at times. Just took off on the wrong foot and people from both communities got on the defensive very quickly. I've not seen anything remotely like this from either of them in the 5 years I've known them so it's clearly just the product of miscommunication.
So you three are buddies?
Oh my, the holy trinity!!!!!!!
I always wondered why having balls was equated with "strength".  Balls are sensitive and delicate, actually.   Better to grow a vagina.  Those things can take a pounding - and pop out a live human being the size of a watermelon.

Weltfrieden

I know them from being fellow members of several forums with them over the past 5 years. The newest forum our community belongs to is Thinking Universe and quite a few members from there have showed up here lately ever since wolf39us told us about you guys.

Savior2006

Quote from: "asshat"I'm an asshat, brother to buttfinger.

[gigglesnort]
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Sleeper

Here is something you can't understand... how I could just kill a man.
Because LaPlace still holds sway.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Savior2006"
Quote from: "asshat"I'm an asshat, brother to buttfinger.

[gigglesnort]

You always have such a way, Savior, of getting right to the heart of things.  *thumbs up evil critter emoticon that's MIA*

Sooooo  Asshat I wish to say wholeheartedly that I hope you DO turn out to be a good member.  For Us - it's always about US.......never ever about Yooooou !   ROFLMAO But never you fear if you decide to fall short we'll be sure to let you know.
*gigglesnort #2*
Why? Cause some of us are just wicked as shit - that's why.
buwwaaahaaaa

and if you whine I'll call you a pussy.
*snort*

Oh ---- and my godnot yes ---- welcome to da shark tank.
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Sleeper"Here is something you can't understand... how I could just kill a man.

Sleeper WTF are you going on about in this man's introduction thread?
Would you like to talk about killing people?  Dude.......that's fine..........  but why are you bringing that up here?

Oh and Asshat - thank you for your service (which people give me shit for sayin.......fuckem)  I am the mother of a USArmy soldier and mother-in-law to her man.  We've collectively spent 7 yrs of our life raising our grandchildren while our daughter, son in law or jointly have been deployed.  We're about as militarily,actively engaged as civilians can be.
We - meaning my husband and I.   I am still the children's "long term care provider" and moving to their stationed location (Pocono area) within the next couple of weeks to help even further.
(they moved from Ft Story)
No - I haven't chased them around LOL.  This will be our First military move and it's for other reasons than taking care of our grandchildren.  Our soldiers are supposed to be state-side for guaranteed 3 years.  I always doubt that sort of talk. Never have I seen it happen for real.

cheers
&
thanks again

Sleeper

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"Sleeper WTF are you going on about in this man's introduction thread?
Would you like to talk about killing people?  Dude.......that's fine..........  but why are you bringing that up here?
That song always comes to mind when I meet a military person - of whom I know many. Some real shit. I Can't really understand what they have to understand everyday. We got a plush life, Bri. Comparatively.

[youtubehd:30mu294o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nxtPlvYBhM[/youtubehd:30mu294o]

Rage version
Because LaPlace still holds sway.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Sleeper"
Quote from: "WitchSabrina"Sleeper WTF are you going on about in this man's introduction thread?
That song always comes to mind when I meet a military person - of whom I know many. Some real shit. I Can't really understand what they have to understand everyday. We got a plush life, Bri. Comparatively.

[youtubehd:290xr01g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nxtPlvYBhM[/youtubehd:290xr01g]

Rage version

Dear godnots Don't we though?
Took my hubby on a movie date last night - we saw Zero Dark Thirty and I walked out of there shell shocked like the 70s when I saw The Deer Hunter.   What my kids have seen and gone through - good grief - best to just not get me started, eh?  lol