So Atheist, You think You Know The Bible And Are So Smart

Started by Solitary, August 04, 2014, 06:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

My last day in Sunday School involved the Ark and my awkward questions. I was sent home with a letter asking my Mother to not send me back next week. From then on I slept late on Sunday like the parents.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 10, 2014, 06:34:26 PM
My last day in Sunday School involved the Ark and my awkward questions. I was sent home with a letter asking my Mother to not send me back next week. From then on I slept late on Sunday like the parents.

like normal people do (unless your in the medical profession)

Remember kids, asking questions about the bible is the road to damnation.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

ApostateLois

If Eve came from Adam's body, wouldn't that make her a clone, and wouldn't she be male? That would make them Adam and Steve, not Adam and Eve.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

Munch

Quote from: ApostateLois on August 11, 2014, 09:00:14 PM
If Eve came from Adam's body, wouldn't that make her a clone, and wouldn't she be male? That would make them Adam and Steve, not Adam and Eve.

Trying to rationalize a book that gave thumbs up to rape, incest, and attempted child murder doesn't make the adam and eve thing feel out of context.

Essentially its another incest story.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: ApostateLois on August 11, 2014, 09:00:14 PM
The problem would be the other way around. You can take two X chromosomes from Adam, but  you can't find a Y chromosome if Eve was the first.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers