News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Evil crimes?

Started by bfiddy100, August 03, 2014, 08:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfiddy100

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 05, 2014, 12:56:58 PM
Wild guess here.  God operates the same way.  Haven't seen that before.
Well, yes and no. I didn't hear anyone suggest that the judge should have mercy on the criminal and find a way to not punish him or even reward him. So if God was as unmerciful as we are to people who fail to meet our standards then there would be no hope for anything but punishment for us. But God is more kind and merciful than any of us and has made a way for those who have done what is evil in His sight to not only not be punished, but be rewarded. And He does so while still declaring that evil acts are evil. But if people refuse to come to Him for mercy and act like the criminal who says I'm a good person and deserve to be rewarded for the way I've lived then God will act the way that you've already said was right to act and punish that criminal.

Hydra009

Quote from: bfiddy100 on August 05, 2014, 01:22:52 PMBut God is more kind and merciful than any of us and has made a way for those who have done what is evil in His sight to not only not be punished, but be rewarded.
And therein lies the fatal flaw in the analogy.  What you're talking about isn't actually crime, it's thoughtcrime.

It's exactly that kind of authoritarian crap that normal people consider cruel and barbaric and that appeals to the worst sort of scum that this planet has to offer - and you say that the creator of the universe is like that.  It's such a benighted belief that it's fortunate that it's utterly unevidenced and almost certainly false.

bfiddy100

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 05, 2014, 02:50:42 PM
And therein lies the fatal flaw in the analogy.  What you're talking about isn't actually crime, it's thoughtcrime.

It's exactly that kind of authoritarian crap that normal people consider cruel and barbaric and that appeals to the worst sort of scum that this planet has to offer - and you say that the creator of the universe is like that.  It's such a benighted belief that it's fortunate that it's utterly unevidenced and almost certainly false.
You are acting just like the criminal whom you said 'too bad' to when he disagreed with your punishment for him. You don't believe that evil thoughts should be punished. But this idea that thoughts don't matter is quite wrong. In fact it is the thoughts behind an action that determine if the action is evil or not. Taking a drill to your tooth isn't evil if I'm a dentist and I'm removing a harmful cavity. But the same action of taking a drill to your tooth is evil if I'm doing it because I take pleasure in the suffering of others. Evil thoughts are still evil and God, like you, will punish evil, not act indifferent towards it or act as though it is good.

Hijiri Byakuren

Please demonstrate that your god exists before you continue pontificating about how much he's going to make evildoers pay. Until then,your statements are about the equivalent of a Superman fanatic ranting and raving about his own chosen idol.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

TrueStory

Quote from: bfiddy100 on August 05, 2014, 05:42:35 PM
You are acting just like the criminal whom you said 'too bad' to when he disagreed with your punishment for him. You don't believe that evil thoughts should be punished. But this idea that thoughts don't matter is quite wrong. In fact it is the thoughts behind an action that determine if the action is evil or not. Taking a drill to your tooth isn't evil if I'm a dentist and I'm removing a harmful cavity. But the same action of taking a drill to your tooth is evil if I'm doing it because I take pleasure in the suffering of others. Evil thoughts are still evil and God, like you, will punish evil, not act indifferent towards it or act as though it is good.

And how can you possibly know what someone is thinking without an action?  Oh wait you believe in magic.
Please don't take anything I say seriously.

Jmpty

???  ??

Hydra009

Quote from: bfiddy100 on August 05, 2014, 05:42:35 PMBut this idea that thoughts don't matter is quite wrong.
Please note the subtle difference between the statements "thoughts don't matter" and "thoughts shouldn't be considered crimes".  It's tricky, but I promise you it's there.

QuoteIn fact it is the thoughts behind an action that determine if the action is evil or not.
Close.  You're talking about intent.  Another tricky concept.

QuoteEvil thoughts are still evil and God, like you, will punish evil, not act indifferent towards it or act as though it is good.
Then your God is the cosmic equivalent of Kim Jung Il and you are totally screwed up in the head.  But that's okay, because I don't punish thoughts.  :)

SGOS

God, like you, will punish evil, not act indifferent towards it or act as though it is good.
There is no evidence to show that any god even exists, let alone that he punishes evil of any sort.  If there is a god, he is most definitely indifferent towards evil, or is absolutely powerless to do anything about it.  Coastal hurricanes, tornados, and tidal waves are all natural events, and as such they are not evidence of punishment.  Using a fantasy claim to support your argument is useless.

Draconic Aiur

1. Capture a daddy and a daughter
2. beat the daddy up while the chained girl watches.
3. rape the daughter in front of the who is chained daddy.
4. Make the mother think your good and rescue the 2 but when she and the cops comes and tries to free them kill the cops and beat the woman up.
5. Rape the woman then skin her alive.
6. put her skinless yet alive body in the police cars with the dead cops by town.
7. put on skin the kill the rest of small family: brother and dog and put their pike their heads in front of drive way.
8. tell the father and daughter every detail when raping daughter and beating her up.
9. escape with daugher and knock father unconcious and put him with the mother.
10. wait 2 years while raping daughter and having 2 kids.
11.kill 1 baby and eat brain infront of the daughter knock her out and place the daughter and dead baby in front of recovering parents home.
12. raise baby to be a serial killer like you.
13 repeat.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: bfiddy100 on August 05, 2014, 01:03:26 PM
I appreciate the input you've provided and I hope you will reconsider being 'out' and give the following some thought. I'd like you to now switch roles. You are now the criminal and the judge is someone who has a different moral standard than you, just like you did with regards to the criminal. According to the Bible, Jesus Christ will be your judge after you die. And 3 of the things that He knows are evil are 1)slander 2)deceit and 3)murder (see Mark 7:20-23). If you're like me, you've done the first 2. What do you think He should do with you?

I wrote a response but then erased it because there really is no point in conversing with you. We have completely different and irreconcilable world views.

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on August 07, 2014, 12:26:40 AM
1. Capture a daddy and a daughter
2. beat the daddy up while the chained girl watches.
3. rape the daughter in front of the who is chained daddy.
4. Make the mother think your good and rescue the 2 but when she and the cops comes and tries to free them kill the cops and beat the woman up.
5. Rape the woman then skin her alive.
6. put her skinless yet alive body in the police cars with the dead cops by town.
7. put on skin the kill the rest of small family: brother and dog and put their pike their heads in front of drive way.
8. tell the father and daughter every detail when raping daughter and beating her up.
9. escape with daugher and knock father unconcious and put him with the mother.
10. wait 2 years while raping daughter and having 2 kids.
11.kill 1 baby and eat brain infront of the daughter knock her out and place the daughter and dead baby in front of recovering parents home.
12. raise baby to be a serial killer like you.
13 repeat.

And that is a clear indication I don't need to participate in this forum anymore.

bigdavebear

it says in the bible that not believing in the perfect God is an evil crime.... so i wholeheartedly agree that atheism should be punished in one way or another..........

Draconic Aiur

Thats an evil crime. On another case I've been reading and watching too many crime drama/crime horror.

Munch

having children just to bring them to a public restaurant so it screams and pisses everyone else off, while doing nothing to stop it. This is a crime worse then drunk driving
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hakurei Reimu

You are acting just like the criminal whom you said 'too bad' to when he disagreed with your punishment for him. You don't believe that evil thoughts should be punished. But this idea that thoughts don't matter is quite wrong. In fact it is the thoughts behind an action that determine if the action is evil or not.
You still have to DO the action. Otherwise, you're not an evildoer â€" you're an evilthinker.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Hydra009

Speaking about evil crimes, what would you do if a person was being murdered and you had the power to save their life at absolutely no risk to your own life?  If you didn't intervene, would you be in any way complicit to the murder?