5 Lies Atheist Tell (WARNING! May Cause Brain Shrinkage!)

Started by stromboli, July 28, 2014, 07:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nam

Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on July 28, 2014, 04:50:29 PM
I don't think anyone has an open mind, everyone has that one thing they are fundamentally against
If you have an open mind about everything but one thing then you're in pretty good shape.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 28, 2014, 06:48:08 PM
If you have an open mind about everything but one thing then you're in pretty good shape.

I've an open mind about people. I acknowledge they are varied ranging from intelligent and well informed, to adam sandler levels of stupid.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

stromboli

Quote from: Munch on July 29, 2014, 07:30:18 AM
I've an open mind about people. I acknowledge they are varied ranging from intelligent and well informed, to adam sandler levels of stupid.

I hate to tell you this, but Adam sandler isn't stupid. He is a multimillionaire. Worth 300 million. He can still get movies made even though they are tasteless crapola. I think he is a disgusting worm, but not stupid. I assume you mean "Adam Sandler movies level of stupid."

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

SGOS

He started out on SNL, and forever tainted my opinion of him by acting like I acted when I was in the 5th grade.  But since going into movies, he's proven to be a lot better actor.  Now this is not saying he's great, not even good.  He's just better than he was on SNL.  Or so it seems to me.

Munch

Quote from: stromboli on July 29, 2014, 08:14:27 AM
I hate to tell you this, but Adam sandler isn't stupid. He is a multimillionaire. Worth 300 million. He can still get movies made even though they are tasteless crapola. I think he is a disgusting worm, but not stupid. I assume you mean "Adam Sandler movies level of stupid."

Fair point, I was more referring to every character he plays always being a full on unevolved twat.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Nam

Quote from: Munch on July 30, 2014, 03:34:35 AM
Fair point, I was more referring to every character he plays always being a full on unevolved twat.

Yeah but a funny one.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

Gawdzilla Sama

I prefer comedy where I can laugh with someone rather than at them.

Now I must go and empty the eels from my hovercraft.
PZ Myers

kowalskil

In order to debate God's existence participants must agree on what kind of entity is God.

Ludwik Kowalski (see Wikipedia)
Ludwik Kowalski (see Wikipedia) is the author of a FREE ON-LINE  autobiography, entitled "Diary of a Former Communist: Thoughts, Feelings, Reality."

http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/life/intro.html

It is based on a diary kept between 1946 and 2004 (in the USSR, Poland, France and the USA).

The more people know about proletarian dictatorship the less likely will we experience is. Please share the link with those who might be interested, especially with young people. Thank you.

Bibliofagus

Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"Faith says, "I believe this and I don\'t care what you say, I cannot possibly be wrong." Faith is an act of pride.

Quote from: \"AllPurposeAtheist\"The moral high ground was dug up and made into a walmart apparently today.

Tornadoes caused: 2, maybe 3.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: kowalskil on August 02, 2014, 12:25:31 PM
In order to debate God's existence participants must agree on what kind of entity is God.

Ludwik Kowalski (see Wikipedia)
And as there will never be agreement on that, buh-bye!
PZ Myers

stromboli

Entity is a distinct and independent existence. You have to first prove it exists before you can define it.