5 Lies Atheist Tell (WARNING! May Cause Brain Shrinkage!)

Started by stromboli, July 28, 2014, 07:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

http://todaychristian.net/5-lies-atheist-tell/#_

Quote1. The Biggest One- THERE IS NO GOD. They would have no problem telling a dying child there is NO God. Clearly they have no idea if there is or there isn’t. They assume their conclusion is the only right one.

2. They say they have “Open Minds”. We know that is not the case. When presented with spiritual issues they always dismiss it as fictitious, invalid or unsupported stories.

3. Christianity teaches you to not think. Atheist assume that the Bible soemhow teaches Christians to not use your brain. This is clearly not the case.

“My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge” (Hos 4:6)
“For wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her” (Prov 8:11)
“Buy the truth and do not sell it; get wisdom, discipline, and understanding” (Prov 23:23)

4. Science exists despite religion.

Truth: Science exists specifically because of religion. The scientific method comes from studying philosophy and Newtonian physics comes from studying astronomy. Religion caused people to study both philosophy and astronomy.

5. They Don’t Care If There Is Or Isn’t A God. Deep down inside of everyone’s heart there is a missing element that is always questioning, searching and longing to find God. They may try to ignore it but it still remains there.

:eek:

Wow. There's enough disconnect here to derail a train. I thought this website was satire, but apparently it isn't. If this is the level of logic we get from theists, I might have to put one of those plastic covers on my keyboard to keep the internet drool from shorting out my computer.

Mr.Obvious

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Get the platsic covers now; it's spreading!

No seriously, this article made me facepalm irl.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

stromboli

Yeah, the facepalm level is high. I read it with a wtf? and had to double check to make sure it wasn't the Onion or something. The worst part is that these people breed and reproduce.

Gawdzilla Sama

Anybody count the bold assertions? Here's my favorite: "Religion caused people to study both philosophy and astronomy."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

tbh, this doesn't feel like anything new. Every time you see a christian on youtube talking about atheism they say the same thing.

"How can you prove god doesn't exist if you've never meet him?"
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

Thanks for posting that bullshit.  And, no, I didn't do a face palm.  I just did a simple eye roll.

Hijiri Byakuren

QuoteScience exists specifically because of religion.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mister Agenda

Are you sure the title isn't a typo of '5 Lies People Tell About Atheists'?
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mister Agenda on July 28, 2014, 11:16:12 AM
Are you sure the title isn't a typo of '5 Lies People Tell About Atheists'?
"5 Lies Atheists (can) Tell (were posted by fundies)."
PZ Myers

SGOS

It's strange watching someone who doesn't know what he's talking about speaking with such pompous authority.

Munch

Quote from: SGOS on July 28, 2014, 11:24:08 AM
It's strange watching someone who doesn't know what he's talking about speaking with such pompous authority.

must be gods plan

Nam

Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

Solitary

:wtff: I had a part missing in my heart so science gave me a vena cava filter that keeps me alive, so I'm not searching anymore.  :wall:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Munch

Yep. Science and research made the discovering of insulin and how to produce it. Me and every insulin dependent diabetic on the planet owes that to science that we're even alive now.