News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Our Next President?

Started by Solitary, July 27, 2014, 11:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Nam

Warren would be better than Clinton as president but if Clinton runs, and Warren runs, Warren will lose strictly based on popularity, and maybe experience.

It's all politics.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

Solitary

I like that McCain is always on the side where the win blows. He really should change his name to Two Face, Flip Flop, or better yet, Janus. 
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Berati

Warren is exactly correct.
The empirical results are crystal clear. Financial markets perform better for all of society with proper regulation. Without adequate regulations markets boom and bust in a disastrous fashion. The idiots who still hold the false belief that unregulated markets will produce the greatest amount equity and prosperity have been PROVEN wrong.
And yet, they won't let the fantasy go. Just like every other faith based belief, they refuse to let real world experience get in the way of their favourite daydream.

And BTW, just because sane people advocate for regulatory oversight, this does not equate to communism or total govt takeover.
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

AllPurposeAtheist

Except she isn't running for president.. So far..
In fact she might just be much more effective in the senate and in a short time may be chairwoman of the banking committee.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Minimalist

QuoteI like that McCain is always on the side where the win blows.

Mccain just blows.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm suprized McCain hasn't called for sending troops into the banks

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Berati on July 27, 2014, 06:10:19 PMWarren is exactly correct.
The empirical results are crystal clear. Financial markets perform better for all of society with proper regulation.

It is true that proper regulation is better than improper regulation.  The problem is that the completely and utterly uninformed cannot tell the difference between improper regulation and deregulation.

For an example of someone completely and utterly uninformed who can't tell the difference read the following:

Quote from: Berati on July 27, 2014, 06:10:19 PMWithout adequate regulations markets boom a nd bust in a disastrous fashion. The idiots who still hold the false belief that unregulated markets will produce the greatest amount equity and prosperity have been PROVEN wrong.
And yet, they won't let the fantasy go. Just like every other faith based belief, they refuse to let real world experience get in the way of their favourite daydream.

Yes, your deity must be without blame.  So evidence that improper regulation, malregulation, does not work is to be considered evidence against deregulation.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

AllPurposeAtheist

Jason the believer in magic libertarian fairy dust..

stromboli

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 28, 2014, 05:00:07 AM
Jason the believer in magic libertarian fairy dust..

Well golly this thread went South in a hurry. I'd vote for Liz Warren if she gets nominated. If a Republican wins, I'm moving to Uruguay and consoling myself with cheap drugs while fishing on the Rio De La Plata.

Berati

Quote from: Jason_Harvestdancer on July 27, 2014, 08:31:29 PM
It is true that proper regulation is better than improper regulation.  The problem is that the completely and utterly uninformed cannot tell the difference between improper regulation and deregulation.

For an example of someone completely and utterly uninformed who can't tell the difference read the following:

Yes, your deity must be without blame.  So evidence that improper regulation, malregulation, does not work is to be considered evidence against deregulation.

The evidence was provided by Warren herself. You should at least try to explain why we need to set empirical evidence aside and follow your daydream.
You're not even trying anymore.
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

Nam

Why can't we all just...

sword fight each other like Errol Flynn:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gv4Jxe-tOwM

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: stromboli on July 28, 2014, 08:04:21 AM
Well golly this thread went South in a hurry. I'd vote for Liz Warren if she gets nominated. If a Republican wins, I'm moving to Uruguay and consoling myself with cheap drugs while fishing on the Rio De La Plata.
What? You don't believe in magic libertarian fairy dust? Are you some sort of commie or something? :lol:

Rob4you

USA had his first black president, it would be good to see an atheist hispanic blacker gay president!  :razz: :wink2:
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring". Carl Sagan

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". Carl Sagan

"What I\'m saying is, if God wanted to send us a message, and ancient writings were the only way he could think of doing it, he could have done a better job". Carl Sagan