News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Gawdzilla Sama

LOL, I can imagine the customers this "beauty supply" store gets. Chantel West Coast?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Analog clocks were a mistake.  A mistake slowly being rectified by digital clocks.

Cassia

Always some sort of astable oscillator...Turning of an hourglass, electrically excited crystal, spring pendulum, or 9 billion oscillations of a cesium atom = 1s. Makes me wonder about the human heart nerves and what form that oscillator takes. Probably chemical reactions expiring/recharging and regulated by hormones....

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cassia on September 21, 2021, 10:03:56 PM
Always some sort of astable oscillator...Turning of an hourglass, electrically excited crystal, spring pendulum, or 9 billion oscillations of a cesium atom = 1s. Makes me wonder about the human heart nerves and what form that oscillator takes. Probably chemical reactions expiring/recharging and regulated by hormones....

Never thought of that way. I love mechanical watches though.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Hydra009

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

drunkenshoe

Those people are sitting in the First row in some Jurassic Park.

Hydra009

Dark Lightning

Dayam. If I had been penetrated by a horse, I'd expect to remember it. Never mind the biological facts of horse and...human can't breed true. She's been reading too many Xanth novels, I guess.