Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

Your pix are not showing up for me, security violation of some kind.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 12, 2021, 11:22:14 PM
Your pix are not showing up for me, security violation of some kind.

Oh...I have no idea why. This is the only free site I have.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 12, 2021, 11:00:49 PM

For me this would be the equivalent of driving to Atlanta and back. I would not drive to Atlanta for fish and chips. I've been know to drive to Atlanta for a special event like a concert, sporting event, or more recently an 80th birthday party for an uncle. I might even plan on a special meal while there, but a trip just for dinner? That's a big nope. 
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Mike Cl

Travel for dinner?  Nope.  I mean, McDonald's is as good in Merced as it is in San Francisco.  Don't ya think???
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

I wish I could just walk to places, but that picture is pretty accurate. Basically everything is half an hour away. Can't walk anywhere.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

For me, 20-30 min is a trivial, routine trip.  45-60 is uncommon, but doable.  And 60+ is a long trip.

Shiranu

Furthest I would drive just to eat is probably Houston, about a 2 hour drive. 45-60 min each way is pretty much a daily for me when I was working.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe