News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Tell the cap troopers you've found a brain bug.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 21, 2021, 12:02:40 PMTell the cap troopers you've found a brain bug.
IT'S AFRAID!!!  *triumphant music, everyone cheers*

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 21, 2021, 01:20:57 PM
IT'S AFRAID!!!  *triumphant music, everyone cheers*
One more stupid thing about that movie.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 21, 2021, 02:15:38 PMOne more stupid thing about that movie.
I loved everything about that movie and I will challenge anyone to a knife-throwing fight who says otherwise.  Would you like to know more?

1) Pure camp interspersed with romantic melodrama and intense body horror

2) fascist propaganda presented with a wink (subversive!)

3) some of the best one-liners and slogans I've ever seen in a movie, with real staying power decades later

4) cool creature designs, legitimately fearsome

5) the most progressive shower scene I've ever seen - and repeatedly paused - in my life.  In the 90s, other shows and movies really worried about fundies coming down hard on them for even the slightest digression from puritanical standards.  Well, Starship Troopers literally went balls out and had the actors lather each other down.  And there wasn't even any sexual undertones, so I think that on a technical level, it was actually a pretty wholesome scene

6) Doogie Howser, 2LT

Gawdzilla Sama

They should have used a different name then.

When the movie preview hit the screens the first scene  was a horde of insectile critters charging at the camera. I immediately said "Starship Troopers". I couldn't have been more wrong.
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Gawdzilla Sama

I don't think Oklahoma has any chance of observing any kind of reality.
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

"So, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"
PZ Myers

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

At least we can say Asia without making an R sound!  :P

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers