News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Sudokus, crosswords for people who can't spell.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 17, 2021, 07:39:24 AM
I was doing them when they were still called Number Place in the old Dell math puzzle books.  Besides, Kakuro (formerly Cross Sums) is crosswords for people who can't spell.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Killer Sudoku (aka sum doku) is where it's at.  It's like a regular soduku puzzle with the normal nine 3x3 blocks, but overlaid on that there are also irregular blocks with a given sum total.

Since numbers can't repeat, some irregular blocks are easy to solve.  For example, a 2x1 block with a sum of 3 has to have a 1 and a 2; there are no other options.  Same with a 2x1 block with a sum of 17.  Can't be anything but an 8 and a 9.  From there, you just apply normal sudoku logic to figure out where exactly those numbers are.

trdsf

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 17, 2021, 10:25:51 PM
Killer Sudoku (aka sum doku) is where it's at.  It's like a regular soduku puzzle with the normal nine 3x3 blocks, but overlaid on that there are also irregular blocks with a given sum total.

Since numbers can't repeat, some irregular blocks are easy to solve.  For example, a 2x1 block with a sum of 3 has to have a 1 and a 2; there are no other options.  Same with a 2x1 block with a sum of 17.  Can't be anything but an 8 and a 9.  From there, you just apply normal sudoku logic to figure out where exactly those numbers are.
I recommend Killer Sudoku from Cracking the Cryptic.  Highly.  Also Sudoku Killer from Konstructors.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: aitm on June 18, 2021, 10:59:35 AM
I like tik tak toe……
Why isn't that "TIK TAK TOK"?

Asking for a friend.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

aitm

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Sorginak

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 17, 2021, 07:39:24 AM

I can't even enjoy mobile word games anymore. They're all just so annoying.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Sorginak on June 18, 2021, 10:45:08 PM
I can't even enjoy mobile word games anymore. They're all just so annoying.
Have you looked at the "YAR" app?
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

Saw a Youtube that followed a chicken as it crossed the road. They panned out to show the bird's destination appeared to be a cannabis store. Makes sense, I've done worse.
PZ Myers