News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 05, 2021, 02:00:48 AM

Well, she is a villain.  And the fists of justice are unisex.

Imo, it's not a hate crime if you're fighting because you hate crime.

Shit like this that sets back any social progress by a couple of steps... corporations, just fucking stop. Please. Stop.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

I mean, it's fighting in a fighting game.  Still, I don't know why they drew attention to Ivy's sexuality and had a "beat up Poison Ivy" event.  That struck me as kinda tone-deaf.

Imo, they should've just made some rainbow-colored skins and called it a day.  Or I dunno, maybe some Friendship finishers or something.  There's only so much you can realistically do with a fighting game.

Blackleaf

They could add that gay Superman that comes from Superman being exposed to pink Kryptonite. Although that was originally meant as a joke and a gay stereotype, you know...reclaim it? lol
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 05, 2021, 01:44:19 PM
I mean, it's fighting in a fighting game.  Still, I don't know why they drew attention to Ivy's sexuality and had a "beat up Poison Ivy" event.  That struck me as kinda tone-deaf.

Imo, they should've just made some rainbow-colored skins and called it a day.  Or I dunno, maybe some Friendship finishers or something.  There's only so much you can realistically do with a fighting game.

Wait, I missed some context there... there was a beat up Ivy Event after they themselves brought up her sexuality?

This story just keeps getting worse and worse.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on June 05, 2021, 03:47:05 PM
Wait, I missed some context there... there was a beat up Ivy Event after they themselves brought up her sexuality?

This story just keeps getting worse and worse.

It probably would've been fine as a normal event, but slathering it with #Pride sent a very strange message.

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 05, 2021, 04:50:12 PM

It probably would've been fine as a normal event, but slathering it with #Pride sent a very strange message.

[Brand] strikes again.

Shiranu

Hydra009

Not gonna lie, if it were physically possible to entice a sapient giant spider to act as a household protector, I would.  And I would give its own closet with the expectation that it destroy any vermin in the entire house.  Not a bad trade for spider peace.

Cassia

The 'soul' still eludes concrete definition. I think I know why. We attribute importance too ourselves that we don't deserve. How could such wonderful creatures such as ourselves just become nonexistent? Heresy, I say. We must go on, LOL.

Gawdzilla Sama

Of course she didn't think it was funny!
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan