Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 04, 2021, 11:11:27 AM
You think he didn't know that when he wrote it? :lol:
I thought Hydra knew--didn't know if anybody else did.  Just being helpful. :)
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 04, 2021, 01:17:28 PM
I thought Hydra knew--didn't know if anybody else did.  Just being helpful. :)

LOL I mean King knew that we -all humanity- would be all over in a shop of that sort the moment we saw it in the real world. Exactly for the reasons Hydra described it. Closeout, book bin, every kind of old stuff, toys, old stationary, old, heavy metal pencil sharpeners, old notebooks, new notebooks, old stuff, anything that actually doesn't work to do anything, anything that actually has never worked, old stationary, so called antiques, new bullshit collection stuff, esp. cheap ones, old stationary...in a mist filled, yellow lighted, vintage shop...ya kiddin' me? Here's my soul, sir. Who cares about something eternal. I know King knew about the simple attraction of all that. I know that shop exists on a planet at some corner of the universe. No, I'm not crazy. I'm very serious.

E: Fossils, I forgot fossils. That is important.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

trdsf

I keep a bird feeder in my living room window, and I rather forgot that when I moved the old stereo, it would make that window accessible to Althea.

So I'm dutifully working from home when I hear a *BONK*scrabblescrabblescrabble and what Fuzz-For-Brains has done is first taken a header into the window trying to get at the sparrow on the feeder, and then lost what few dignity points she had left after that trying to hang on to a plaster wall with no clawholds.  Needless to say, it ended in a disgruntled heap on the floor.

Here, the Mighty Huntress lies in wait...

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

I scatter bird chow on the lawn, squirrels and rabbits get a shot and it's not so close to the window that the titan would try to ambush something.

The titan, Clyde:

One meter from nose to tip of tail. 26 pounds, vet says he doesn't need to lose weight. Those are 27" monitors behind him.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

"The hippies of the sea", according to one oceanographer, "they're stoned all the time."
PZ Myers