News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 24, 2021, 05:36:29 PM
I met a kid whose name was Spock. He was homeschooled.
...in the city of Shi'Kahr on the planet Vulcan.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 24, 2021, 05:36:29 PM
I met a kid whose name was Spock. He was homeschooled.
Still mild.  I can't even give some examples I've seen because they're so unique/misspelled/mental it could identify the child.  I can say that no child's name should begin with the letters 'Xz'.  'X', yes.  'Z', yes.  'Xz', no.

Have seen it.  More than once.  One of 'em I calculated was worth about 40 points in Scrabble without double or triple letter or word squares.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

GSOgymrat

I've encountered La-sha, pronounced "Ladasha".

The most unfortunate legal name of some I have actually met is a white guy named LaPrecious. They didn't even use the masculine definite article "le" instead of "la". He goes by Buddy.

drunkenshoe

I have strong feelings about this. Names are very powerful, we are simple beings. With mine, I've always felt like, feel like that it wasn't given to me, but I was just born with it. It also fits my surname in sound and meaning in an weird way with my personality. Not something in plain sight or even positive...tsk...lol. It's hard to explain. But it's just me. Probably because of all that, I can't even imagine to be called anything else. Interestingly enough, more than a few people who know me have voiced the same thing along my life. But I never had a nickname. Maybe there is something better fitting in that department who knows. 

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Huge, huge amounts of megapixels!  So many megapixels, you won't believe it.
Tough, drop resistant* case!
Fastest smartphone chip** in the world!
Advanced retina-tracking technology pioneered by the NSA!
All on America's 5G network (as opposed to its tin can network) so you can download, upload, stream, share, play, and uhh download to all your friends!
You can even create your very own movies!  Just make 'em quick, because this bad boy has an almost 10 minute battery life and lacks a headphone jack.

*in tests, it survives a drop of 6 inches onto a pillow with no noticeable damage about 80% of the time.  Case sold separately.
** at the time this phone was being developed, which was 5 years ago
*** we're legally required to inform you of the fire risk associated with this product
**** Phone charger sold separately for environmental reasons

drunkenshoe

Quote from: GSOgymrat on April 28, 2021, 01:50:28 PM
For Drunkenshoe.

=

What makes a good counselor? -This theory, that theory. -No, this school, that school. -No, hard science, soft science... No, this self help, that slef help.

-Um...30 years of experience?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: GSOgymrat on April 28, 2021, 02:29:25 PM
It's a joke.

I think you misunderstand my joke, GSO. It was supposed to be completely positive. You have 30 years of experience in the field and that's a spot on about a struggle.

E: The last line was supposed to be yours. None of it, but that.

GSOgymrat

drunkenshoe

Quote from: GSOgymrat on April 28, 2021, 02:50:39 PM
Sorry, I didn't get the joke. My bad.

It's actually my bad. I tried not to make it so obvious, because I can't feel confident about the right cultural codes in a converstaion like that at some point. But I should have. Kinda felt it. It's fine. :)