News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

If it was planned to be something from the beginning, it wouldn't be a Disney movie. I think the directors working for Disney is like overpaid clerks, not free to do anything real. Everything gets decided and determined somebody gets the job. I don't know his works, but if Johnson has any potential, he probbaly accepted to direct that movie for money/resources/fame to use on other projects.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

What modern movies would look like if they premiered in the Middle Ages:

The Mad Max Fury Road one still looks sick AF.

Cassia

Blackleaf

Great advice dad. Instead of playing Mortal Kombat, I should learn martial arts so I can beat people to death with their own spines in real life.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 30, 2020, 01:15:26 AM
Great advice dad. Instead of playing Mortal Kombat, I should learn martial arts so I can beat people to death with their own spines in real life.

You kill them or they kill you.  It Is The Way - Mandalorian
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Eh, the first two match up well, but it kinda trails off from there.  And the villains are nothing alike.

Ronan (the movie-version) is a power-grabbing zealot interested almost entirely in destruction.  An animal lashing out.

Scorpius is a well-intentioned extremist who sold his soul to the darkest pit of hell for the welfare of his chosen people.  In another series, he could even be a hero.  Or at least an antihero.

Both series have a lot of striking similarities, though.  Chances are if you like one, you'll like the other.

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Yes, girls can wear a mask that looks like their lower face.  I could wear one too, but I would look ridiculous ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 03, 2020, 11:08:49 AM
They don't mean that...

Surely a follower of Derrida would know that what a reader reads into what he/she reads, is the largest contributor?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.