Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: GSOgymrat on May 28, 2020, 09:51:59 AM

There was one yesterday that really turned my stomach.  Paraphrased:

"They say that it's too soon to go back to business as usual.  But if by business as usual, you mean looking out for our customer-family, then we never stopped business as usual."  And then it ends with an exhortation to come down to a car dealership and buy buy buy.

That's how effective these commercials are, I have no idea about the company or what exactly they're offering, but I know they only really care about one thing and have no shame about psychologically manipulating you into giving it to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gd01vfKfr0

Mr.Obvious

Allowed the Take-away place to choose our bottle of wine.

I think they're trying to tell me something.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Blackleaf

I can't stand when people act differently in church or around other Christians than they do anywhere else. The church lingo (think any word ending with "-ify"), the pretending to love an invisible man you never met, and in certain circles, being "slain in the Spirit" and speaking in tongues. It's all just a big show to look all spiritual around other Christians.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

I want to believe that this person isn't serious, yet I don't doubt for a moment that someone would try this gotcha question seriously.  I remember when creationism was still big and someone claimed that animals can't evolve over millions of years because they don't live that long.  Smh.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 30, 2020, 02:44:08 AM
I can't stand when people act differently in church or around other Christians than they do anywhere else. The church lingo (think any word ending with "-ify"), the pretending to love an invisible man you never met, and in certain circles, being "slain in the Spirit" and speaking in tongues. It's all just a big show to look all spiritual around other Christians.
People are natural liars about religion. They say and do what they're supposed to do when someone else is looking. If they don't, the Donald shows up:

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Human beings are natural liars.  It is what we call "Truth".  A failed species.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 18, 2020, 01:48:08 PM

The generations whose fears, dreams, beliefs, life styles, political opinions and identities have been determined by the meme culture and fueled by youtube vlogs, checked by wikipedia texts, shaped by self-help manosphere sites are making fun of kids who are confused between 'photographs' and 'pictures' as a result of zero historical perspective and being born into social media. 

You gotta love our species. Boy, I'm old. LOOL

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 30, 2020, 03:36:56 AM

I want to believe that this person isn't serious, yet I don't doubt for a moment that someone would try this gotcha question seriously.  I remember when creationism was still big and someone claimed that animals can't evolve over millions of years because they don't live that long.  Smh.

I like this assumption that the only people who believe in evolution are atheists.
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 30, 2020, 08:35:10 PM
I like this assumption that the only people who believe in evolution are atheists.
That's really the root assumption holding the whole thing together.  If evolution is no longer viewed as a threat to religion or as a competing religion, creationsts no longer have a vested interest in denying it.

Blackleaf

--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 01, 2020, 01:07:16 AM

The problem is, and this is a point often missed by those who get pissed off by those saying all lives matter, is that people are not ignoring the struggle racial groups have, it's just that those saying all lives matter say so because people in movements like black lives matter end up pushing toxic ideals that white lives don't matter or fuck whitey, going by what I've said before how toxicity ruins the original message of the movement.

That's what causes people to retort with all lives matter.

I remember a few years back a gay pride was hijacked by the black lives matter movement because they wanted to be at the forefront of everything, even at the expense of other groups and it being their day. Black culture has it's own festivals but it wasnt enough for some. Do you really think it's fair having a day celebrating gay people or being highjacked by another group? Suppose it was hijacked by a Christian pride March instead.

So no, people aren't ignoring the struggles of black Americans or British or Europeans, when they say all lives matter. They simple want to tell the ones going to far with it to back the fuck up and listen.

Okay, now I've said my piece, I'll give you some choice words to throw back. 'Evil. Conservative. Racist. White washing. Uncle Tom. Fascist'. There you go.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin