News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Don't thank me,  you have a hissy fit when you're wrong.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Shiranu

And you never provide any evidence for your statements, so you shouldn't be worrying your sweet little self too much about that.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Shiranu on January 25, 2020, 04:50:10 PM
And you never provide any evidence for your statements, so you shouldn't be worrying your sweet little self too much about that.

I respond to worthwhile posts. Worth my time responding.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Shiranu

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 25, 2020, 04:53:31 PM
I respond to worthwhile posts.

I don't doubt you do, since you have responded to every post I make.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 25, 2020, 11:47:36 AMBe honest. If you want to hate the US, that's fine.
Awfully big leap from acknowledging that the political structure resembles an empire to "hating" the US.

Evidently, the wiki blurb hit the nail on the head - the term empire has a lot of negative connotations and therefore people might be reluctant to acknowledge that term for emotional rather than rational reasons.

I thank you for at least laying your cards on the table, albeit after a fashion.

Gawdzilla Sama

The US as "The Evil Empire" get tedious after a while, say 30 seconds.
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Who said anything at all about the U.S. being an "evil empire," other than you?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 25, 2020, 06:53:56 PM
Who said anything at all about the U.S. being an "evil empire," other than you?
Okay then.
PZ Myers

Shiranu

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Munch

Hydra009

Munch

Can't help but feel that Lucas only worked in the old days when he didn't have complete control, since his complete control lead to episodes 1,2 and 3, and adding cgi bs into the originals