Hydra009

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 07, 2019, 06:39:15 PM
Or he didn't know the number for 911.

I like to think of it that, Kevin knew he could phone the police, which would have sorted this out quick, however it would have also alerted social services about a child being left alone for christmas while his family flew to another country.

This would result in him being adopted and having to give up living in that massive house, because when it cames to it the rest of his family are a-holes, but his cousins, aunts and uncles are just visiting, the only problem he has to deal with his his older brother, who when you live in a massive house you can just ignore most of the time.

Notice he did everything to convince people who wasn't home alone? He knew he'd be taken away from the house and that sweet inheritance.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 07, 2019, 06:49:56 PM
That's like not knowing Obama's last name.
I've heard people say "Does anyone know the number for 911?" Always nice to know how you'll react in an emergency.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

trdsf

Quote from: Shiranu on November 07, 2019, 07:50:29 PM
It's funny because it's 110% true.
Bah, Texans are fucking wusses.

My ex moved to Austin.  And before living in Ohio with me, he was an Iowa boy.  His first winter down there, they got *gasp* *horror* a whole quarter inch of snow!!!!11!1!1!

He gave his car a half-assed brushing and drove to work as normal, and it didn't even dawn on him until he was there that the roads were unnaturally clear.  Everyone else came in an hour and a half late talking about "the blizzard", and the whole state was more or less closed.  For 0.25" of snow.

I could hear his eyeroll all they way up here in Ohio.

Texans are fucking wusses.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Blackleaf

Quote from: trdsf on November 08, 2019, 11:19:03 PM
Bah, Texans are fucking wusses.

My ex moved to Austin.  And before living in Ohio with me, he was an Iowa boy.  His first winter down there, they got *gasp* *horror* a whole quarter inch of snow!!!!11!1!1!

He gave his car a half-assed brushing and drove to work as normal, and it didn't even dawn on him until he was there that the roads were unnaturally clear.  Everyone else came in an hour and a half late talking about "the blizzard", and the whole state was more or less closed.  For 0.25" of snow.

I could hear his eyeroll all they way up here in Ohio.

Texans are fucking wusses.

And how did he fare in the super humid, 110° Summer heat?
--Fulke Greville--

trdsf

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 09, 2019, 02:37:35 AM
And how did he fare in the super humid, 110° Summer heat?
He did what they did -- stayed where the air conditioning was.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Blackleaf

Quote from: trdsf on November 09, 2019, 08:03:33 AM
He did what they did -- stayed where the air conditioning was.

You have to go outside sometime. I guarantee you, while others were enjoying themselves on the beach or washing their cars, he was blasting the AC, trying not to melt.
--Fulke Greville--