Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 19, 2019, 01:18:36 PM
"The average dolphin eats less than 3 horses a year."

OK, but how much do 3 horses eat in a year?
They literally eat between zero and two horses a year.  Technically true!

Gawdzilla Sama

So they can be caught on camera? That means they'll be in a meet-and-greet at a prison near you soon.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 20, 2019, 09:17:04 AM
So they can be caught on camera? That means they'll be in a meet-and-greet at a prison near you soon.

Originally not aliens.  Streakers (HS students) from the 70s.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

I'm like 95% sure that's in the background, not the foreground.  Some sort of overturned tree or hedge or something.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 21, 2019, 07:29:50 AM
I'm like 95% sure that's in the background, not the foreground.  Some sort of overturned tree or hedge or something.
Was joke-ish.
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Blackleaf

How did the name "Karen" become synonymous with dumb women online? I only know one Karen, and she's very much the opposite. lol
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 21, 2019, 08:19:48 AM

I'm very proud of that unknown child for spotting a karen.

Anyone who doesn't know karen is the common name associated with entitled parents, often stories told on reddit by people encountering these people.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Entitled%20Parent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWflLYMwuk8&t=1119s

we must all be vigilant in stopping karens from having power. 
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 21, 2019, 10:55:27 AM
How did the name "Karen" become synonymous with dumb women online? I only know one Karen, and she's very much the opposite. lol

Nihilists hate their grandmothers too ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 21, 2019, 10:55:27 AM

in the same way a meat dish in gravy became a slur to call homosexuals, people used it and just ran with it.

I had a woman called karen in my old job, she was a bitch, she was only a supervisor but she acted like she was a manager to anyone below her and let that power treat anyone below her like lower forms of trash.

My aunt works with a woman called karen who acts like she's better then anyone else in her office despite knowing very little about the routine of the office.

People have just shared these experiences with horrible women who happen to be named karen and its become its own thing.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin