News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 14, 2019, 03:06:59 PM
I remember liking those movies when I was a kid. I still have some basal nostalgic draw to those shiny plastic designs. I had a Robin action figure based on this, and it was my favorite toy. Then again, I also thought those microwave Kid Cuisine meals were the most amazing thing back then. Funny what kind of standards children have.

one of my nephews is obsessed with watching blind bag videos on youtube. Or minecraft playthoughs (which is just random commentary from other annoying kids for hours on end)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=39&v=JflUG5AWqFg

when I look back at the shows I watched as a kid, he-man, thundercats, ghostbusters, transformers, these things are corny to look back at now, but i honestly feel like what I watched was more wholesome then the shit kids watch on youtube today.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on June 14, 2019, 03:10:43 PM
one of my nephews is obsessed with watching blind bag videos on youtube. Or minecraft playthoughs (which is just random commentary from other annoying kids for hours on end)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=39&v=JflUG5AWqFg

when I look back at the shows I watched as a kid, he-man, thundercats, ghostbusters, transformers, these things are corny to look back at now, but i honestly feel like what I watched was more wholesome then the shit kids watch on youtube today.

I don't know what kids are watching on YouTube, but at least Cartoon Network and the Disney channel have some pretty good shows on. It seems like the networks realized that kids aren't stupid, and they can handle serious, even dark subjects when presented in the right way. Gravity Falls is one such show I recently watched. Man, that show is really good, even for adults. It's perhaps even more enjoyable for adults.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 14, 2019, 03:33:59 PM
I don't know what kids are watching on YouTube, but at least Cartoon Network and the Disney channel have some pretty good shows on. It seems like the networks realized that kids aren't stupid, and they can handle serious, even dark subjects when presented in the right way. Gravity Falls is one such show I recently watched. Man, that show is really good, even for adults. It's perhaps even more enjoyable for adults.

Same can be said for shows like over the garden wall, the dragon prince, my hero academia, the last season of samurai Jack, etc.
There is still great animation coupled with great storytellingout there.
There is just a lot of garbage out there too.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 14, 2019, 03:33:59 PM

To be fair they have watched shows like gravity falls and star Vs the forces of evil, pretty good shows, also I enjoyed watching coraline with them, which dealt with some pretty dark themes.
I remember when IT came out recently and the subject came up in a cafe with them, and my oldest nephew's said 'oh yeah, that's penny-wise the clown!' and had to work around talking about it without revealing gorey details
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on June 14, 2019, 04:11:19 PM
Same can be said for shows like over the garden wall, the dragon prince, my hero academia, the last season of samurai Jack, etc.
There is still great animation coupled with great storytellingout there.
There is just a lot of garbage out there too.

The last season of Samurai Jack is definitely not for kids. lol. Teenagers, sure, but the swearing and gore elevated its rating from its previous seasons. I also enjoy My Hero Academia. I haven't heard of the others, though.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 14, 2019, 04:30:34 PM
The last season of Samurai Jack is definitely not for kids. lol. Teenagers, sure, but the swearing and gore elevated its rating from its previous seasons. I also enjoy My Hero Academia. I haven't heard of the others, though.

If you liked avatar the last airbender, you'll like The Dragon prince.
if you haven't seen avatar the last airbender, watch that first instead. The Dragon Prince can wait.

Also, over the garden wall is really great, but only like six or so episodes long. Worth it though.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Munch on June 14, 2019, 11:54:17 AM
Love that it looks like simbas looking at harry potter with an expression of 'are you fucking kidding me?!'

Then again one could argue that these characters (except spiderman) are or do become father's themselves eventually
The Harry one is a bit of a pun.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on June 12, 2019, 03:59:32 AM
I sometimes wonder what atheists think "science" means ...

"noun
a branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws: the mathematical sciences.
systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation.
any of the branches of natural or physical science.
systematized knowledge in general.
knowledge, as of facts or principles; knowledge gained by systematic study.
a particular branch of knowledge."
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Unfortunately, shows the maturity of a 12 year old (who can look things up in a dictionary).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on June 15, 2019, 12:20:45 PM
Unfortunately, shows the maturity of a 12 year old (who can look things up in a dictionary).
Which is about 11 years more maturity than you display.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on June 15, 2019, 11:04:42 AM
"noun
a branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws: the mathematical sciences.
systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation.
any of the branches of natural or physical science.
systematized knowledge in general.
knowledge, as of facts or principles; knowledge gained by systematic study.
a particular branch of knowledge."
Yeah, science is the opposite of séance.   :-p
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 15, 2019, 01:32:08 PM
Which is about 11 years more maturity than you display.

May the bad boys at Jr High give you a swirly, you squirrely.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 15, 2019, 01:35:05 PM
Yeah, science is the opposite of séance.   :-p

Yes, doesn't require Whoopie Goldberg ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moXE6YbIVdQ

Marie Curie required radium ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GJRElIo2K8

My father's stepmother had radium treatement for breast cancer, unfortunately not successfully.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Yes, happened because Emperor Justinian was a cuck, but his Alpha Empress, Theodora took things into hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REmgzwmzjzg
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.